Producer, Capital Dance
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, displaying brilliant Outdoor ads, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Producer, Capital Dance
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Deputy Managing Editor, Capital and Capital Dance
Tuesday to Thursday - 10:30am - 7pm
Friday & Saturday - 1:30pm - 10pm
Overview of job
Here at Global we are home to the best media and entertainment on the planet. Working better together to make everyone’s day brighter.
The Capital Dance Producer works across the day-to-day output and operations of Capital Dance, working closely with Capital Dance’s Senior Producer and Capital Dance’s Deputy Managing Editor.
You’ll build great relationships with presenters and producers and will be instrumental in driving the station forward.
You’ll be a great role model, super passionate about the music that Capital Dance plays and champions. You’ll ensure that our output is always of the highest standards across all our broadcast and digital platforms, ensuring the audience are at the forefront of everything we do
3 best things about the job
- You will be responsible for producing some of the most popular shows on the UK’s largest Dance radio brand. You’ll have a particular focus on MistaJam and be the driving force behind the creative direction of the show!
- Your weekly tasks will be varied, and you’ll play a key role in crafting Capital Dance output.
- You’ll be plugged in to the wider Capital brand team and exposed to many exciting opportunities to grow and develop your career
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Contributed and help driven exciting creative planning sessions
- Been effectively producing and leading a range of programmes & projects across the station
- Helped devise and implement exciting commercially branded content
- Built a critical ear for the programmes you work on, and be actively looking of ways to improve them
- Built great relationships and trust with your presenter and the wider Capital programming team.
- Contributed and implemented exciting multi-platform creative ideas and show features.
- Built a topical plan for the next few months for your shows.
- Built a great collaborative relationship with Capital’s digital team and become instrumental in helping to drive our digital content strategy forward, especially on Global Player.
Responsibilities of the role
- Responsible for planning, creating, and delivering award-winning on-air content
- Utilise your creativity to devise and implement outstanding and topical ideas for the station such as specials for key moments.
- Produce, collate, and distribute all relevant scripts and show planning documents daily.
- Bringing many Global teams together for projects, and handling the logistics of getting people, resources, and equipment together at the right place, at the right time.
- You’ll have a keen eye for creating great PR for the station
- You’ll know and love Capital Dance, you’ll know exactly what our target audience loves, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this understanding at the heart of our programming.
- You will be creating content with international stars crafted to generate PR and grab headlines the world over.
- You’ll handle relationships with talent bookers and Global’s artist liaison team. Ensuring the best guests and ideas get booked for your show.
- Coordinating all external and internal communications for your shows.
- Work on the search for fresh talent and produce demos to help forge the future line-up of Capital
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience in producing relevant radio programmes with a proven track record of producing top radio shows.
- Love being a part of a diverse team and have outstanding time management and organisational skills to be able to balance multiple projects.
- Good communication skills and exercise the best ways to communicate across the board from management level to presenters, teammates and clients.
- Attention to detail to ensure consistent high-quality work is being produced.
- The ability to manage big personalities and handle the pressure that comes with working with some of the very best talent in the industry.
- Proficient with Audition, Zetta and G Selector experience an advantage.
- Work hand in hand with our brand digital team to ensure the station delivers great content across our social platforms
- A passion for developing your own inspiring ideas and be able to stimulate creativity in others.
- Working with Branded Content Team to devise and deliver creative solutions for clients to optimise revenue and audience growth whilst staying true to our core brand values.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global