PRODUCER – MAGIC RADIO
Producer – Magic Radio
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
Magic is a fun team to work in. We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Music knowledge is important.
The focus of your role:
As a Magic Producer you are required to positively contribute to the production and development of multi-platform programming across the Magic channels. The role will include creative imaging to support the station messaging and producing studio-based live shows.
What you’ll do:
You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing Scripting and Studio work for features, such as competitions
- Producing and editing features for broadcast,
- Producing interviews for shows
- Tech Op for External Broadcasts
- Managing and Sending Prizes
- Support of on-air elements of marketing campaigns such as Palace to Palace
- Archiving audio and preparing highlight reels
- Working with the digital & social team to engage the audience and create compelling content
- Assisting at events which may include potential out of hours or weekend work
- Contributing to Magic creative and strategic planning sessions
What you’ll bring;
Flexibility with hours essential. Creativity You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity, and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
What we’ll offer you:
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, ‘Belonging at Bauer’, is at the heart of everything we do. ‘Belonging at Bauer’ is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to
- Write up an idea to demonstrate the music mix on Magic which could be played as a piece of imaging, and say how / where that piece of audio would be placed within a show
- Come up with a feature idea for a weekend afternoon show on Magic. Explain the rationale behind your idea and why it would fit the show and audience
- Send your CV and covering letter to https://careershub.bauermedia.co.uk/members/?j=469
You will need to create these files in a dropbox and add the link to your profile. If you have any technical issues please email your files to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and job reference in your subject line.
Please note any files sent via email will comply to Bauer GDPR policy and be deleted when the successful candidate has been selected.
Wednesday 4th August
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure that our selection processes are as fair as they can possibly be, providing a level playing field for anyone who wants to come and work at Bauer. Therefore, if you require any adjustments to an interview process, please feel free to get in touch with HR.email@example.com who will be happy to talk through any adjustments you need in complete confidence and make arrangements on your behalf. Adjustments can be whatever you need them to be, whether that’s around accessibility, preparation time and space, or just travel expenses to get you to the interview. Let us know what you need, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re getting a fair opportunity to succeed.