Producer – Planet Rock
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Magic, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
We are a small team with big ambition at Planet Rock. We are all about multi-tasking, prioritising our busy day and communication is key, whether that be with our listeners, our advertisers, record labels and each other. We show respect and passion for everything we do.
Focus of your Role:
Your role will be to bring together all the above skills, along with serious music passion (you’ll know the different eras of Sabbath, your Dave Mustaine from your Dave Grohl and when Brian replaced Bon) and have knowledge of all things Planet Rock, to create compelling, engaging radio, building our audience, and making a positive contribution to ensure presenters are ready, bands are booked, and shows are all fit for transmission on time, every time.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and produce designated shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Arrange and set up interviews for My Planet Rocks, maintaining show diary and admin.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit.
- Excellent attention to detail in station admin.
What you’ll bring:
You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of our team of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Demonstrate strong awareness of Classic Rock and other rock genres.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (GSel/Zetta).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
If you have read and understood the Ofcom Code, are confident to contribute to our ongoing success, and are more than familiar with audio playout systems (GSel/Zetta) and audio editing software (Adobe Audition), we’ve got a seat with your name on.
What we’ll offer you:
Our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
To apply please go to: https://careershub.bauermedia.co.uk/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=194