Producer – Scala Radio
Bauer Media is a global media company operating in 17 countries with a portfolio of market leading consumer brands across radio, magazines and digital.
We’re a small team with big ambition at Scala Radio. We are all about multi-tasking, prioritising our busy day and communication is key, whether that be with our listeners, our advertisers, record labels or each other.
The focus of this role is to write, produce and deliver for broadcast relevant programming content material and automated programming for Scala Radio across all broadcast platforms, and to schedule and input music.
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible for producing live programming and pre-recorded programming delivered to time, scheduled correctly, compliant and ready for broadcast across the Scala Radio schedule.
You’ll also be a key part of the music team, loading and inputting new releases and scheduling specialist and daytime programmes. The successful candidate will have experience working within music radio of any genre. Ideally, the candidate will have experience scheduling music and inputting music into playout systems, but applicants should not be put off if they don’t have this experience; a willingness to learn and an eye for detail is of more importance.
You’ll be capable of operating technical systems required for correct playout of the stations automated programming and production system along with pre-recording sessions. You’ll also be able to re-purpose shows for repeat broadcast and ensure correct playout of the programmes, features and commercial breaks.
The role will involve you managing high profile guests & presenters to the Radio Station so you will have to be able to build positive working relationships with individuals in the on-air and off-air team and ensure presenters comply with the media law and OFCOM regulations.
You’ll work closely with the programming team and support and cover individuals’ responsibilities on occasion, assist with administrative elements including internal payments and billing system and the role may involve work at weekends.
Other duties and responsibilities include;
- To write scripts for programming, idents, trails and commercial promos.
- The management and production of recording sessions, and delivery of audio content to deadline.
- To have a good understanding of target audiences’ tastes through experience and research and create relevant content.
- To generate creative music and entertainment ideas for new series, one-off specials and station-wide programming initiatives, along with new social media content.
- Liaising with record labels and artist management companies to ensure Scala Radio represents classical music in the modern world.
What you will bring:
- You’ll need to demonstrate experience producing live and pre-recorded programmes, directing presenting talent in a studio environment and editing audio at a high standard for broadcast.
- You’ll be fully skilled in automation and playout systems and have an understanding of both contemporary and core classical music. Experience of Zetta, G-Selector and Audition is essential.
- You’ll be aware of core classical composers and of the contemporary classical music scene including showtunes from musicals and film, television and videogame scores. If there are gaps in your knowledge, you’ll demonstrate a keenness to learn more about key labels, musicians and composers.
- You must be able to work to tight deadlines and in high pressure environment and have excellent time management skills and the ability to adapt to last-minute changes. You’ll need to be confident enough to work alone, without direction and must be a team player with a positive attitude and initiative.
- We are looking for a creative thinker with the ability to generate ideas relevant to the brand.
What we’ll offer you:
Our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com – deadline Friday, 18th September 2020.