Producer – The Last Word, Today FM
Today FM is Ireland’s most popular independent radio station with an audience of over 875,000 people every week. At Today FM, we’ve established a reputation for entertaining, intelligent and energetic programming, supported with strong news, sport and current-affairs values.
Today FM is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, with a track record for highly innovative, unique and engaging marketing campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and listenership.
Today FM is recruiting for a Producer to work on our flagship news and current affairs programme, The Last Word. We're looking for an experienced, creative and ambitious person who can contribute to the editorial agenda every day.
In this exciting and fast paced role, you will:
- Generate, and develop, creative and original ideas for the programme
- Break news stories, and react to breaking news while ensuring accuracy in reporting
- Create and edit imaginative audio pieces for the programme
- Produce the programme live in studio, working closely with the presenter
- Identify and develop new angles and contributors on existing stories and features
- Secure premium guests and on-air exclusives for the programme
- Other duties as required
If the following traits sound like you, you may be the right person for the job:
- You have a strong interest in news and current affairs
- You are curious and inquisitive, with a willingness to ask questions, but also to listen.
- You possess an ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly to an ever-changing news cycle, and meet tight deadlines
- You have knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct.
- You have a broad range of interests, and follow news, politics, sport, business, celebrity news, social issues and more
- You’re a self-starter who can identify, pitch and develop items for broadcast
- You are technically proficient in Adobe Audition and/or other audio editing software, with the ability to use a variety of recording equipment.
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a similar role.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Communicorp Media we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Communicorp Media employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.
Please apply with Cover Letter and CV here.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 3rd March.