Producer – Times Radio
“We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. And talkRADIO has become the destination for punchy political discussion and opinion, reaching more listeners than ever before.
We also create some of the most popular radio in Ireland. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities. We’re investing in the future of digital radio and - with Wireless Studios - we’re at the forefront of the podcasting revolution. All this success is only possible because of the passion, expertise and commitment of our brilliant people.” Scott Taunton, CEO, Wireless
“We are Times Radio. We are a new and innovative voice in national digital radio. Broadcasting live and daily, we will deliver provocative, well-informed, entertaining and useful discussion covering the key stories of the day, and informing the national debate. Launching later this year, we will bring together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times, and beyond, with the world-class speech radio and podcasting experience of Wireless. And we’re looking for the right people to be part of this ground-breaking launch.” Stig Abell, Launch Director, Times Radio
Your role: As a Producer on Times Radio, you will own, shape and studio produce live news programmes to create intelligent speech radio that is a compulsive and engaging listen.
Day to day you will:
- Shape the structure of live news programme, ensuring the right mix of news, discussions and features
- Manage team members, setting tasks and giving feedback as needed
- Come up with news-based ideas for interviews and discussions
- Research, book and write briefs for guests and stories
- Work with on-air presenters to studio produce the live show
- Respond to audience interaction and breaking news during the show
- Plan future shows
- Work on special projects as needed
What we’re looking for from you:
- An experienced journalist who loves the news and oozes ideas on a daily basis
- A great track record in live radio production and an ear for great audio
- A creative mind and ability to think differently
- Strong people skills with the ability to inspire and lead small teams and work closely with presenters
- You are at home in fast-paced environment and work quickly under pressure
- A trusted pair of hands with you have an excellent understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
What's in it for you?
You will be joining a brand new radio station where we will cover the biggest stories and most engaging talking points, ad break-free. You will help us find informed and likeable guests; working with presenters who are warm and witty - you will contribute to a station that will help listeners hear the world differently.
We’ll also offer you:
• Subsidised gym membership
• Private healthcare
• Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
• Subsidised cafeteria
• Discounted book store
• Regular in-house speaker events
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.