Production Management Assistant
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Times Radio has shaken up the broadcasting firmament since launching in June 2020. As a live news radio station, we have already built up a strong reputation for providing well-informed, thoughtful and intelligent news and discussion, covering the key stories of the day. We have combined the famous journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the radio experience of Wireless to create a station that - according to our first Rajar - already has over 630,000 weekly listeners. We have a world-class line-up of presenters talking to excellent guests, who value conversation over confrontation.
Production Management Assistant, Times Radio (12 Month FTC):
Times Radio are looking for a Production Management Assistant to work closely with the production team to ensure smooth running of Times Radio output. You will provide admin and organisational support to the Production and the Editorial team. The role is office based.
Your Role: You will provide administrative support to the Times Radio Programme Director, Production Manager, the Editorial and Production Teams. You will operate in a professional and well-organised manner with excellent interpersonal skills and resilience is required to perform the tasks necessary to support the station and its smooth running.
Day to day:
- Setting up and processing Contributor/Supplier/Presenter payments and expenses and being the point of contact to resolve payment queries including liaising with the Accounts team.
- Travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries for staff and talent.
- Completing and distributing call sheets and schedules for Outside Broadcasts.
- Working closely with the Editorial Team and Production Manager to maintain the smooth running of the station. This will include casual staff bookings,sickness and leave cover and communication of shifts and any amendments to Production staff.
- Updating staff rotas and contacting casuals regarding their availability for shifts and booking them.
- Setting up new Presenters/staff/casuals/Interns and visitors with the necessary access passes, logins and training. Meeting and escorting contributors and visitors to Times Radio studio as required.
- Manage the new starter and leaver processes. Liaise with Security, Facilities, Technology and HR to ensure new starters are onboarded correctly with appropriate access.
- Liaising with other EA, PAs and Admin support in Wireless and News UK
What we’re looking for from you:
This role would suit someone who thrives in a busy environment, has a proactive approach to their work and possesses the following skills:-
- Excellent organisational, time management and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple tasks effectively and ensure their work is completed in a timely manner.
- Understanding of working with Production teams, particularly in a live production environment. A passion for news and current affairs is desirable.
- Able to manage a varied workload without supervision and act on your own initiative including the sensitive handling of confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and resilience with the ability to build effective working relationships across the station and company.
- Competent on Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs, Google Slides and Google Sheets
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.