Production Manager/ Scriptwriter
The Team: LMFM is the local radio station for Counties Louth and Meath. We have a broadcast footprint reaching over 300,000 adults stretching from North County Dublin to the border with Northern Ireland. We are the region’s favourite and most popular radio station, a position we have held for the last 30 years. Each day we broadcast a broad and varied range of award winning programmes attracting an average daily listenership of 75,000 adults.
Your Role: The production engineer has a central function to play within the radio station providing and scheduling content on an ongoing basis across our programme schedule and interacting on a daily basis with the sales team, our customers, our content controller and senior programme presenters
Day to day you will:
- The primary duty is to produce radio advertisements, station promos, features, idents and sponsorship tags.
- Other duties include scheduling station promos, features, idents and sponsorship tags together with maintaining and storing records and material in an orderly and easily retrievable manner.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Candidates should have a flair for producing material which grabs listeners’ attention.
- Required skills – scripting, computer, organisational and interpersonal.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
- Hybrid working model
- Life Assurance benefits of 4 X annual salary
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.