We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
The Team: FM104 & Q102
Your Role: You will be the team leader for both FM104 & Q102’s Promotional team. You will liaise closely with the Promotional Team manager to ensure the team are at their highest standard and working to the best of their ability. You will also create conditions that are conducive to success and a safe environment at all times
Day to day you will:
- Supervisor will manage both teams, Q102 & FM104, working on both stations each week.
- Spot checks will be done every second week. The Supervisor will go out to locations where Roadsters/Blue Crew are scheduled. The supervisor must not give warning prior to checks. Supervisor must ensure everyone is working to the standard of the station.
- Supervisor will be looking after uniforms, getting sizes, ensuring there are extras and working alongside Promotional Team manager to pick uniform.
- Every second week Supervisor will meet with Promotional Team Manager and Sponsorships & Promotions to discuss how things are going and what is/isn’t working.
- Supervisor will look after rostering for both FM104 & Q102 and always be on the hunt for new locations/events for the team to attend.
- Supervisor will liaise with Sales & Agency on shifts to create detailed briefs for teams.
- Supervisor will cover Reception Lunch and Reception Holidays/Sick Leave.
- Cover Promotional Team Manager when sick or on Holidays.
- Supervisor will do office admin as well as on street promotional work.
- Take calls and work on the weekend where required.
- Supervisor must book holidays for any days off and give at least two weeks’ notice to the Promotional Team Manager.
- Supervisor must manage all branding for the Promotional Team and ensure it is kept in good condition.
- Supervisor should keep count on stock and speak to Sales and Promotions if more is needed.
What we’re looking for from you:
Loyalty - We want someone who is brand loyal and passionate about all things Q102 & FM104.
Organised - It’s really important you have great organizational skills as you will be tasked with managing and rostering two teams.
Reliable - You are the leader, so you must encourage the team to maintain good time keeping and are handing in their briefs and sending photos on time. We need to ensure when we send the team to certain locations and meeting clients, that they are fully briefed so we can rely on them to do their job to the best of their ability.
Adaptability - you are working for two station that have completely different audiences, listeners and followers. We need to ensure the teams are aware of this and can cater to both targeted audiences.
Creative - The promotional teams hold the responsibilities to post on behalf of the team at certain events. This requires creativity to come up with new and different content to ensure our feed is not monotonous.
You also need to be creative with the roster, if there is a quiet week - come up with some different and fun ideas to get the brands out there! This includes holidays, like Valentine’s day and Halloween!
Initiative- Thinking on your feet and being a problem solver is key for this role. There may be weekends where managers or sales reps are not available and some issues arise where you need to get control of the situation.
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.