Radio Airtime Planner
We are: News UK & Ireland is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times and radio stations under the Wireless Group umbrella, including; talkSPORT, talkRADIO, Virgin Radio, plus social intelligence agency Storyful .
Your Team: You will be joining the commercial team working across Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Our radio stations include talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations Virgin Radio, talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and the soon to be launched Times Radio
Your role: You will play an important role in the growth of our national agency sales business at Wireless. You will be responsible for day to day liaison with key clients and agencies on your designated patch. The successful candidate will handle a high volume of business and be responsible for delivering market leading customer service while always looking to maximise revenue for the company through strong relationships, negotiation and careful management of inventory.
Day to day:
- Planning, booking and on-going administration of all radio airtime campaigns - ensuring they adhere to all parameters within your agency deal(s); and are sold in line with inventory policies.
- Preparing weekly forecast figures and ensuring airtime potential reports are updated daily.
- Assisting your Head of Business Development, Account Manager or Business Development Manager with all requested reporting.
- Maximising agency revenue by questioning all briefs and providing creative and insightful responses in line with their campaign objectives, supported by insight and research.
- Following up all proposals with excellent negotiation skills to ensure that opportunities are maximised for both the agency and the company portfolio.
- Driving key focus areas and sales initiatives across the Trading and Inventory team in order to achieve and exceed set targets.
- Delivering exceptional customer service through the efficient and accurate turnaround of plans and proposals.
- Providing your agency with competitor reports, programming updates, RAJAR figures and all other ad-hoc requests.
- Assisting your Account Manager with producing and presenting a Post Campaign Analysis for applicable clients.
- Communicating the companies positioning to your agency group through presentations and meetings, being an advocate for both the Radio and general Media.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit someone looking to start their career in a fast paced media and advertising company. We offer a huge amount of training and career development. So if you have the following we would love to hear from you:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a good telephone manner.
- A positive attitude, showing enthusiasm about media sales and customer service.
- Effective time management skills, with great attention to detail.
- A true team-player, but with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Conscientious - punctual, willing to work hard and go beyond the call of duty with a can-do attitude.
- Ambitious to learn and progress in their career
- Strong numeracy.
- Basic Excel and Powerpoint skills.
What do we offer?
● Competitive remuneration packages
● Lucrative bonus structure
● Season Ticket Loan/ Ride to work scheme
● Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
● Subsidised cafeteria
● Discounted book store
- Subsidised gym membership
● Regular in-house speaker events
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.