Radio Exe Account Manager – Devon
Reporting to: Managing Director/Sales Manager
Location: Radio Exe/Remote/Home
OTE: £28,000 plus
A part time pro-rata position will be considered for the right candidate.
To establish and manage a revenue generating client base, through sales of digital, airtime, sponsorship and promotions. Measured against pre-set revenue and productivity targets at both individual and team level.
• Establish and manage client base to achieve full revenue potential
• Establish client needs and develop campaigns to deliver on those needs through fact finds and working to a two-call sales approach
• Liaise with commercial production, scheduling and programming staff to ensure full delivery of clients agreed objectives
• Develop new business contacts and new revenue opportunities month on month to achieve targets
• Work as part of a team to ensure that all campaigns and business development is maximised
• Undertake any activities as directed by the sales manager / MD for the benefit of the station and writing revenue
• Participate in sales meetings
• Provide weekly / monthly reports to allow an accurate and a true reflection of the market and individuals’ activity
• Attend pre-selected networking events on behalf of Radio Exe and assist in building effective commercial partnerships.
• Generate and build relationships with key stakeholders in the area
• Be prepared to work additional hours on occasion
Key Working Relationships:
• Clients - MD - Sales Team - Sales Manager - S&P - Traffic team - Programming team
• Achievement of individual station and overall team target
• Minimum of 12 client calls a week - Face to face or video
• Achievement of set team call rates
• Deliver thorough, professional, high quality customer service
• Build and maintain client list
• Be aware of competitors and compete effectively against them
• To consistently update local knowledge to create opportunities
• Adhere to Radio Exe sales principles, practices and processes
• To work within the required station guidelines of clean and tidy offices, being continuously aware of the on-air product through listening to output and thus supporting the whole team and product daily.
• To be supportive and positive in attitude within the working environment
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to manage internal and external working relationships in an effective manner.
• Ability to generate creative and effective ideas.
• Ability to measure progress and achievements against set objectives.
• Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise.
• Ability to respond flexibly and positively to changing circumstances or requirements.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team, building strong relationships within the business.
This job description does not represent a finite list of duties and you may be called upon to undertake further duties or additional duties not already mentioned but under your post as (post). This job description does not represent a Contract of Employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £25,750 per year
• Company pension
• On-site parking
• Work from home
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
• Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Devon: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Account management: 2 years (required)
• sales: 2 years (required)
• Driving Licence (required)
Application deadline: 31/03/2023
Reference ID: Radio Exe Account Manager - Devon
Expected start date: 17/04/2023