Radio Producer (6 Music)
We’re currently looking for an experienced music Radio Producer to join the team and work on our weekly BBC Radio 6 Music show, The People’s Party with Afrodeutsche. The show broadcasts live from Media City every Friday, 7 – 9pm.
For the right candidate, the view will be to turn this into full-time after this period. We’re looking for someone who is interested in joining us long term and using their experience to help build our team, responding to new briefs and developing new ideas to pitch to partners. We want someone who is passionate about bringing new talent into the industry and has new ideas for how we can do this more successfully.
DESIRABLE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALITIES:
The right candidate should be able to demonstrate the following.
- At least three years assistant producer or higher experience in a live studio environment, preferably at the BBC.
- The ideal candidate would have produced in some capacity for BBC 6 Music already.
- A serious passion and historical knowledge of music of all genres.
- Particular passion and knowledge of club focused electronic music, ideally with experience producing radio shows of this nature.
- A good understanding of 6 Music programming, music and editorial policy.
- Excellent talent management skills and experience of working with presenters in a live environment
- A great communicator and highly organised.
- Awareness of compliance requirements for BBC radio and BBC Sounds.
- Full of ideas of how we can develop the show further as well as ideas for future strands and programmes.
Hours: 24 hours per week for an initial 6 month contract. For the right candidate, the view will be to turn this into full time after this period.
Salary: £30,000 - 35,000 a year pro rata depending on experience; 24 hours a week.
Annual Leave: 17 days + your birthday
Pension: Nest Pension scheme
Location: This role has varied locations, either at Reform Radio in Bonded Warehouse, Byrom St, Manchester or the BBC studios at Media City, Salford
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before the Friday 29th July :
- A CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page)
- Or a video/audio file (max 5 minutes) telling us about your experience and why you think you’re a good fit for this role