Into to Station/ Business:
Cork’s 96FM & C103 is one of Ireland’s biggest and most successful local radio businesses. Operating from Broadcasting House in the city, Cork’s 96FM is the home to Ireland’s number 1 breakfast show, KC & Ross in the Morning. C103 plays Cork’s Greatest Hits from studios in both Mallow and Bandon. Both brands attract almost a quarter of a million adult listeners across Cork City and County each week.
The Team: You will be joining Cork’s 96FM & C103’s Admin team.
Your Role: Reporting to the PA to the Group Station Director, Cork’s 96FM & C103, you will carry out the Receptionist function for Cork’s 96FM & C103 as well as assisting with some marketing / promotions duties.
Day to day you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for callers / guests to Broadcasting House
- Deal efficiently with all incoming telephone calls, including taking messages, making appointments and dealing with queries.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and deliveries
- Liaise with competition winners and issue prizes.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You have good computer skills.
- The ability to act as a positive and professional ambassador for the Cork’s 96FM & C103 brands.
- Resilience and great organisational/time management skills essential.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.