Receptionist – Hits Radio – Part Time
Hits Radio - the first national radio station to broadcast from outside London.
Aimed at a 25-44 audience, the Hits Radio Network offers listeners an entertaining and fun escape brought to you by original, authentic presenters who share the interests and values of their listeners, keeping them in-touch, connected and feeling young.
Featuring a soundtrack of the biggest hits of the day alongside treasured throwbacks from the last 20 years, the network is bursting with huge tunes and big personalities, with a strong sense of community at its core. We live in our listeners’ world and create a dialogue, not a monologue. We love to surprise, to entertain, and most importantly we love music.
Our Manchester base is a broadcasting centre in the North with a busy, vibrant environment.
The Focus of Your Role:
Manage the front of house experience from beginning to end for all visitors, staff and contractors. Provide a friendly and professional service, which is representative of the Hits Radio Manchester and Bauer brands. Acting as the first point of contact to all staff, visitors and callers to the station, ensuring they have a consistently smooth experience.
Manage facilities throughout the building, overseen by line manager. Making decisions on behalf of your line manager. Accurately creating and maintaining records and documents to deliver a consistent service. Taking the initiative to introduce new processes and procedures and being responsible for the day to day running of all the key contracts including cleaning, security, building maintenance.
Supervise health and safety requirements day to day and ensure all our legal and business requirements are met.
- Manage the front of house experience for all visitors, staff and contractors – ensuring their experience is representative of the Bauer and Hits Radio Manchester brand values.
- Work closely with heads of department to ensure a positive, effective, efficient, and professional front of house experience is delivered throughout.
- Manage building contracts day to day – including cleaning, security, franking, building maintenance, recycling, water machines, car parking.
- Communicate to the station management team and to the Heads of Department meeting all building issues/changes/updates as appropriate.
- Manage health and safety day to day, including overseeing fire drills and conducting inspections.
- Working closely with the station engineers to manage building contractors and ensure timelines for delivery are met.
- Handle all incoming calls and mail to Hits Radio Manchester and Castle Quay in a professional manner.
- Assisting department heads with project work and one off work, as agreed with line manager.
- Process all building invoices accurately and on time.
- Manage the studio and meeting room bookings and where required liaising with heads of department and other appropriate members of staff to ensure client meetings are accommodated in the appropriate rooms.
- Manage car parking for all staff and visitors and negotiate/renegotiate competitively priced contract parking as required.
- Book travel and accommodation for staff accurately, on time and within budget.
- Manage prize winners on behalf of Hits Radio, maintaining an accurate database and ensuring prizes are handled according to Bauer prize terms and conditions.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- The ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support as needed.
- Confidence in your interpersonal skills.
- A real passion for the brands you’re working with
- Outstanding project management and organisational skills
- Understanding of outlook calendar, Microsoft Teams, and diary scheduling management