Regional Newsroom Producer
Regional Newsroom Producer
markettiers, the UK’s leading broadcast communications consultancy, is recruiting a stand-out, pro-active Newsroom Producer to join our talented team to focus on the growth of our regional media relationships. As an agency, we enable brands to tell their stories through the power of broadcast. We create broadcast focused campaigns that generate local, regional, national and international coverage on traditional and modern channels such as TV, radio, streaming and podcasting.
As a Regional Newsroom Producer, you will work alongside the wider Newsroom team to secure broadcast opportunities on behalf of our clients. Your primary responsibility and focus will be driving growth across our BBC and commercial regional relationships - achieved through proactively championing the needs of regional media across the team and through your own activity.
You will be capable and confident liaising with journalists, producers, editors and clients with a flair for pitching business and consumer news and lifestyle stories to feature across the UK. You will be fundamental in creating and shaping the narrative of our campaigns, including generating ideas and crafting engaging broadcast content.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships with journalists and producers across multiple broadcast networks, to pitch and secure interview opportunities.
- Drive growth across our regional media relationship & the tailoring of our regional output.
- Have a strong knowledge of the daily news agenda to feed newsworthy ideas into brainstorms and help create pitches.
- Write broadcast advisories and bespoke emails that will appeal to media.
- Be a ‘go-to’ within the business for crafting angles & stories for media.
- Be confident in communicating both internally and with external clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Regional media experience.
- A strong interest and understanding of the daily news agenda.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Creative ideas in developing story narratives.
- Excellent writing skills for crafting advisories.
- Strong news judgement and an understanding of what media need to help craft a story.
- Organisation skills and attention to detail.
- The opportunity to work on a wide variety of leading brands and organisations
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunities
- Regular company incentives – including weekends away and vouchers
- Hybrid working model within a rewarding work environment & flexibility
If you’re a fun, dynamic person, with a passion for news, media, podcasts, journalism and PR, markettiers is the place for you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.