Regional Trade Marketing Executive (Maternity Cover)
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Regional Trade Marketing Executive (Maternity cover)
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Head of Regional Trade Marketing
Overview of job
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Regional Trade Marketing team, bringing to life one of the most outstanding and exciting commercial propositions in the marketplace. Using a range of marketing channels, you will provide collateral, insights, comms and activations across our radio, Outdoor and DAX portfolio to support the local sales teams and engage local customers.
3 best things about the job
- No two days are ever the same – there’s huge variety in the role with plenty of opportunities to learn new skills
- New insights are always welcome, and you will be encouraged to think creatively, developing, and implementing innovative solutions to take our exciting regional sales proposition to market
- Working collaboratively alongside an encouraging team who will help you make a positive impact; you will also build relationships across local commercial and the wider marketing team!
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Developed your product knowledge across Global's portfolio and contributed to the development and delivery of team projects
- Identified the categories that are hot right now and built compelling sales collateral including presentations and one pagers that have helped the local sales team successfully prospect new customers
- Developed your knowledge of trade marketing systems and provided insights for sales pitches that effectively demonstrate why our audiences, products and platforms are the right fit for our customers
Responsibilities of the role
- You’ll be the super-user of marketing systems, and use these to produce media, marketplace, brand, competitor and category insights that help the commercial teams win business
- You’ll produce innovative and dynamic presentations and sales materials to demonstrate the strengths of Global’s radio, outdoor and DAX portfolio, turning raw data into visualisations and narratives
- You’ll work on briefs for our biggest regional clients, and support the sales team and Campaign Hubs to ensure our pitches are the best in market
- You’ll manage systems and processes to ensure that the sales teams are kept informed about what’s available and have easy access to fresh insights, leads and success stories
- You'll help develop, populate and maintain our sales enablement and platform, Showpad, with category, audience and product information and promote your work to the Local Sales team
- You'll produce quarterly reports for the Sales Managers with ad expenditure and marketplace insights
- You'll build PCAs and case studies, outlining campaign objectives, delivery and results from successful campaigns
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- An understanding or curiosity about the wider media landscape and the role of channels
- Passionate about insights, you know how to find an engaging sales story and have a curiosity about presenting findings in a dynamic way
- Knowledge of trade marketing systems, including TGI, Mintel, Ad Dynamix, Mediatel, Route and RAJAR would be beneficial but not essential as training will be given
- Sophisticated Keynote and Powerpoint skills, you’ll have a real eye and skill for design to ensure that Global’s brand guidelines are followed in all regional materials and communications
- An eye for detail is key
- Brilliant at communication so that you explain things clearly
- Totally organised so you hit every deadline every time and keep all the plates spinning
- Creative and able to come up with great ideas and solutions
- Self-confident, you can share your views, manage expectations and make sure processes are followed
- A people-person, you can build relationships and win trust at all levels across the company
- Excellent customer service skills, you want to help your colleagues and will go out of your way to find a solution
- Proactive, taking accountability for activities and seeing them through to the end.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global