Job Title: Researcher
Location: Emerald Street, Holborn, London / WFH
Contract Type: Permanent
Term: Full-Time, 09:30-18:00
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Chief Content Officer
Direct Line Reports: N/A
As Novel continues to grow a slate of longform narrative podcast series, we are offering permanent contracts for researchers to work on our slate of longform serialised narrative podcasts.
We’re looking to hear from candidates that have a great ear for audio storytelling and a dogged and tenacious attitude to research.
This is an opportunity to do meaningful and exciting work and develop in a team environment using diverse and innovative production styles to produce award winning series.
Successful candidates will be experienced in researching ideas across different genres. They will have a methodical and pragmatic approach to their work. They’ll be confident tracking down leads via phone and email as well as versed in different internet research tools.
An independent drive to work is essential, along with managing multiple assignments to hit deadlines whilst maintaining the necessary space for care and attention to detail.
A passion for creative narrative audio production is a must. Editing on Descript and Reaper is a significant bonus but time will also be given for developing these skills.
If you fit the bill and are interested in a permanent role in which you will be an integral part of Novel’s production team working on major international projects then please do get in touch. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing company packed with creative programme makers, sound designers and experienced executive producers who’ll be on hand to help you craft
groundbreaking podcast series and expand your audio production experience.
- Story research using multiple platforms - phone, online, other resources
- Interviewee casting
- Sourcing and booking contributors
- Archive research
- Supporting the organisation and administration of projects
- Recording contributors, both remotely and on location
- Confidence with audio file organization
- Organising, collating team feedback
- Audio editing
- Music sourcing
- Organising production schedules
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Strong opinions on what it takes to tell powerful stories
- Exceptional organisation
- Passionate about documentaries, podcasting and creative audio production with wide ranging listening habits
- Excellent writer
- A skilled multitasker
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Great communicator with junior staff, senior management, clients, interviewees and talent alike
- Creative thinker, capable of developing progressive approaches to familiar topics
- Keen problem solver – must be able to think on your feet and react quickly and calmly under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Salary: £24,500 - £26,500
- 23 days of holiday per year + Christmas
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Season ticket loan
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CV and any other relevant information. Additionally, please include a paragraph on why you’d be a good candidate for the role along with examples of your best work.
Application deadline: September 1st, 2021