Sales Director – Fix Radio
Fix Radio Sales Director
Please keep in mind we have some confidential information about the expansion of our brand that will significantly increase the reach of Fix Radio. We look forward to sharing this with you if you make it through to the interview stages.
Who are we?
The home of entertainment, music and information for UK Tradespeople.
Fix Radio has been broadcasting for over 4 years. The station has been built from the ground up with a tradesperson in mind offering authentic content, up beat/non repetitive music and a schedule built around a tradesperson's day.
Tradespeople make up over 2 million working professionals across the UK. They also listen to the radio for over 7 hours a day.
Fix Radio is aspiring to become the ‘go to’ radio station for UK builders and by doing so will become THE prominent route to market for advisers looking to market products and services to tradespeople.
By acting as a specialist media route offering a pure audience of tradespeople, Fix Radio is able to demand a far higher CPT then other traditional channels making it very commercially exciting!
Have a listen to the station here: www.fixradio.co.uk
What product are you selling?
Fix Radio is a fantastic product to sell. You’re selling a vocation. We’re the first radio station world wide to offer that. You’re selling a pure audience of tradespeople to brands that have products and services which they’re specifically trying to sell to that audience. It couldn’t be a better alignment!
If you consider other routes to market (Radio/Print/Outdoor) they all have considerable wastage (80%+). Tradespeople are a notoriously hard audience to market to and you’re selling a product which provides the perfect solution to that challenge.
Our talent includes some of the biggest names in the industry:
The Bald Builders: The most followed builders in the UK with well over 1 million followers on social media.
Chris Frediani: Star of DIY SOS
Thomas Nagy: The most followed electrician in the UK hosts our Electrical Show.
We’re building a household name in the trade/construction sector. Our aspirations are that we could walk into any building site in the UK and the trade are aware of the Fix Radio brand and ideally tuning in.
We’ve taken this from an idea over a coffee on a building site to where we are today and believe wholeheartedly we can finish off the vision by creating a household name amongst UK Builders.
Job Start Date:
Vox Studios, 1-45 Durham Street, SE11 5JH
Job Opportunity Summary:
Fix Radio has successfully identified a unique opportunity. There are 2.2 million tradespeople across the UK and they all listen to the radio for over 6 hours a day. Fix Radio is uniquely placed to become the go to radio station for UK builders.
As Sales Director of Fix Radio you have the opportunity to join this journey after 5 years of foundation building.
A lot of the hard work of optimising our product, building B2B awareness, building audience reach, hiring top talent and building a foundation of forward revenue has been done. It’s now time to take the brand to the next level (a reminder we have some exciting information we would like to tell you that will allow this)
You will be managing a highly motivated sales team and working closely with the CEO to deliver against our client acquisition targets
You will be joining the business at a very exciting time and be a key player in shaping the future of the company.
- Leading from the front with driving new revenue and managing/motivating your team to follow your example
- Making sure we’re selling campaigns inline with our YIELD targets.
- Building a strong understanding of the market landscape (we can share a lot of insights) so you’re aware of all the key players and how much they’re investing in media
- Negotiating complex and highly valuable contracts from start to finish
- Running networking events to build relationships with direct clients and agencies
- Managing our CRM system (PODIO)
- Reporting to the CEO/Board on revenue results, forecasting, pipeline etc.
- Responsible for recruiting and onboarding high-performing salespeople
- Building a winning strategy for building relationships with media agencies
- Maintaining awareness of the RACE, Audio Planner & IMS planning systems.
- Innovation - Creating/developing new media sales opportunities and contributing ideas for the development of new products and services
- Sales Culture - Create a high-energy fun sales culture that motivates and retains the existing team while building a reputation for the department as a great place to work.
- Administration - Being across the detail with making sure we’re delivering on promises made to brands in the selling process
- SPI manager: Helps respond to briefs from brands with creative ideas. He’ll help support you in presenting creative ideas to brands
- Account Management Director: Manages accounts once contracts have been sold (he has a team of 4)
- Vision and leadership
- Excellent management skills
- A team builder
- A strategic thinker
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Thorough knowledge of sales process and sales tools including JET and RCS Aquira
- High degree of competence with a range of presenting tools
- Powerful presenting skills
- Educated to degree level (not a deal breaker)
You must show:
- The ability and desire to sell
- Strong leadership
- Ability to motivate, drive, and develop a successful sales team
- Ability to think creatively and generate original ideas
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics
- Familiarity with the increasing range of communications platforms, and how they can be used in advertising and marketing campaigns
- The confidence and tenacity to pursue leads, overcome obstacles, and secure deals
- Resilience and the ability to handle rejection
- Business acumen, and the ability to make accurate revenue forecasts
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Determination, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills
- A thorough knowledge of the law, ethics and industry
- Knowledge of regulations as they affect radio sales
- A high level of IT skills – particularly word-processing and data handling skill
- Experience of selling to both media agencies and directly to clients
- Run a sales function which is generating over £5m PA
- Previous radio experience
- Managed a sales team of over 5 people
Nice to haves
- Some knowledge of the trade/construction sector would be beneficial.
- Up to £85K Basic Salary
- Package total (inc. commission/bonus): £140k
- Entered into the company share option scheme
- Birthdays Off - take your Birthday off as free holiday on us!
- Half Day Fridays - Take the opportunity to clock off at 2pm on the last Friday of every month!
- Quarterly Staff Social
- Gym Membership - £50 / month contribution towards a gym membership (must go at least once/week)
- Life Insurance - Payable upon Death as Employee for 3x Basic Annual Salary
- Income Protection - Covers 75% of Basic Annual Salary (Need to be off at minimum 13 weeks prior to claiming. Payment for up to 3 years off sick.
- Private Health Insurance - Full Inpatient cover, 4x consultations and full diagnostics. Comprehensive Cancer Cover, 10 Sessions of Therapy, Full Mental Health Cover, 80% up to £400 Dental and £200 optical of cash back available. Online GP Service.
Please send CV's to email@example.com