Sales Team Leader
Full time, until Jan 2021 with the possibility of extension
Salary - negotiable, depending on experience (OTE around £35-£40k)
If you’re passionate about selling and are self motivated, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are Gaydio, the UK’s biggest radio station for LGBT+ people. We broadcast on FM in Manchester and Brighton and DAB Digital Radio across London, Brighton, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Portsmouth to a weekly audited audience of half a million people.
Due to our growth, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strategically-minded and, above all, passionate person to join our team in Brighton.
You will manage a small sales team in Brighton as well as building your own portfolio of clients. A key part of the role will be managing the relationship between our teams in Brighton and our Manchester office. The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio (although we’re still keen to hear from great candidates who’ve not sold radio before).
What we offer
At Gaydio we work hard, but enjoy ourselves along the way. Our culture is very much one of responsibility where we give you the tools and trust to use your experience to do a great job. As part of it you'll get the equipment you need to do the job as well as a rewarding commission structure and a fun and lively environment to work in.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To performance manage a small sales team at our Brighton site, this may include remote working staff
- To conduct coaching, feedback, one to ones and performance analysis for all team members
- To develop and maintain a sales plan for the 12 months ahead, identifying key activities and when they are to be delivered.
- To help develop and sell a range of packages including on and off-air advertising and sponsorship for the station, often by making new approaches to suitable organisations
- To assist with recruitment to maintain and expand the sales team in due course
- To manage your own portfolio of accounts, with your own sales target
- As team leader you may also attend board meetings, presenting sales activity and feeding back on performance
Key Measures of Success
- Consistently exceeding monthly KPI and revenue targets (personal and team)
- To have in place personal development plans for all direct reports
- To be able to demonstrate a 'vision' for the sales team, identifying where there are opportunities for improvement and development.
As the ideal person for this role you can demonstrate;
- Experiencing of selling media advertising or digital products (essential)
- A strong working knowledge of the business community in Brighton (desirable)
- An understanding how advertising agencies work and the difference between servicing direct and agency clients - ideally with existing contacts to get stuck into
- You have experience of planning and managing own workload and that of teams as well as coaching teams (essential)
- Experience of line management (such as conducting performance reviews and staff related HR functions) (essential)
- The relationship between achievement of KPIs and revenue targets
- You can spot opportunities and turn this into income
- Creativity in responding to client briefs
- You are a skilled negotiator, both inside the organisation and with our customers
- You are able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Experience of interviewing and recruiting team members
- Good attention to detail
- An ethos of continual improvement, with clear examples how that works in practice
- Good numeracy skills (minimum GCSE standard)
- You have experience of using basic computer software and tools
- You have experience of using Salesforce (desirable)
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGB&T people