The scheduling team is a large team spread across the country from Cornwall to Clydebank and everywhere in between. Our team plays a vital role in the success of our stations. It can be pressurised and intense at times and often repetitive but we all work together to assist and help each other. The scheduling vision is to “seamlessly deliver excellence every-time” and all teams are aligned to this one goal.
The role of the Scheduling Department is to produce accurate 24-hour advertising logs, ensuring all adverts are played at the correct times within the current break structures whilst adhering to the guarantees, rules, regulations and deadlines set by Bauer internally and Ofcom
You will be working closely with Local, National and Regional Sales teams to ensure we can accommodate as much revenue as possible within strict minutage policies and support the Scheduling Manager.
- Produce accurate advertising logs 24/7
- Ensure no breaks are over sold
- Ensure clashes are kept to a minimum and not back to back in a break.
- Adhere to placement rules for all campaign types, e.g. Live Reads, Credits, Trails etc.
- Ensure networks are balanced when necessary
- Minimise the use of fillers by identifying busy areas and moving spots when possible.
- Ensure ads for GTN and IRN are scheduled correctly and separated as per contracts.
- Source and enter accurate copy rotations for local campaigns
- Ensure all copy is sent in WAV format for better broadcast quality.
- Ensure all copy is the correct length.
- If multiple copy is received ensure correct copy rotations are entered.
- Ensure RACC numbers are given if applicable, and any rotation advice is adhered to.
- Ensure any ads are supplied with PRS details if applicable.
- Ensure audio is loaded into playout system correctly
- Proactively work to create availability to ensure no revenue needs to be turned down
- Move or drop spots in line with Bauer policies and guidelines
- Ensure campaign delivery targets are achieved.
- Move spots to higher or lower impact breaks
- Ad impact spots if needed on under delivering campaigns adhering to Bauer guidelines
- Drop spots if needed on over delivering campaigns adhering to Bauer guidelines.
- Monitor PCA reports daily
- Ensure exceptions are kept to a minimum in order to keep avail accurate.
- Avail check local orders and suggest alternative laydowns if needed.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to build brilliant relationships whilst working in a time-pressured environment is at the heart of everything you’ll do in this role, so you’ll also bring:
- The ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed.
- Confidence in your interpersonal skills.
- A real passion for the brands you’re working with.