Senior Curator, BBC Sounds (Senior Content Producer)
BBC Sounds is our personalised app and website which brings together the BBC's music, radio and podcasts all in one place. We launched BBC Sounds just over a year ago and already it has around 3 million weekly users.
BBC Sounds gives us opportunities to curate and commission content in new ways for all of our audiences; and growing BBC Sounds, alongside BBC iPlayer, is a key priority for the BBC. We have ambitious goals, world class commissioning teams, distinctive new audio content, and more innovative product developments still to come. So it's an exciting time to join the team.
In this role you will manage a dynamic and collaborative team, working alongside the Head of Curation to create, communicate, distribute and implement the BBC Sounds curation strategy. You'll build relationships with content makers and various stakeholders to source and surface the right content to relevant audiences. You will also be required to work with editorial and digital product teams to define how content is presented to audiences.
This role may be required to be on call out of hours.
You'll need to demonstrate:
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Experience of working on a digital platform
- Strong awareness of the audio landscape and a passion for audio / radio / podcasts.
- Ability to make sound editorial decisions independently, whilst working as a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders with competing priorities and strong opinions
- Exceptional people skills – an ability to flex communication style in order to get the best out of a wide audience of experts in the fields of commissioning, curation and marketing
- Experience of aggregating content from a wide range of disparate sources to create an experience for audiences that they value and return to regularly
Please see the full job description/appendix for the full scope of duties and key requirements