Senior Producer – Moncrieff, Newstalk
About The Role
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station in Ireland, with a weekly reach of 784,000 across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcasters.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for engaging content and campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
Newstalk is recruiting for a Senior Producer to take up a leading role on our flagship afternoon programme, Moncrieff. We're looking for an experienced, creative and dynamic individual to lead one of the most creative and dynamic show teams in the business.
In this exciting and fast paced role, you will:
- Develop the editorial vision for the programme and implement accordingly
- Generate and develop creative, original and new ideas for the programme
- Lead all aspects of daily production for the show
- Direct researchers and reporters working with the programme, nurture and develop their talent
- Produce live in studio and build a good working relationship with the presenter
- Edit and create imaginative audio pieces for the programme
- Secure the best guests and on-air exclusives for the programme
- Book guests and collate briefing material for the presenter
- React to breaking news quickly and in an appropriate manner
- Other duties as required
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You have a strong interest in talk radio and a proven track record in engaging and building audiences
- You have a broad range of interests encompassing news, current affairs, social issues, lifestyle, entertainment and pop culture
- You have shown strong leadership qualities in previous roles
- You can spot and develop stories that get people talking
- You have excellent knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct
- You’re a self-starter who can identify, pitch and develop items for broadcast
- You are proficient in recording and editing and the workings of digital and social media
- You are driven by ambition to succeed
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and to deadlines
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Qualification in journalism or a related discipline
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th March 2022.