Senior Producer – Newstalk (3 positions)
Senior Producer – Newstalk (3 positions)
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station, with a weekly reach of 784,000 across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcasters including Pat Kenny, Ciara Kelly, Sean Moncrieff, Anton Savage and many more.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for engaging content and campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
We are continuing to grow and develop our content team and are currently inviting applications for three Senior Producer roles across the station.
Successful candidates will take up leading roles on one of the following primetime Newstalk programmes;
- Newstalk Breakfast with Ciara Kelly and Shane Coleman
- Lunchtime Live with Andrea Gilligan
- The Hard Shoulder with Kieran Cuddihy.
We're looking for experienced, creative and ambitious people who can set the editorial agenda and get the nation talking. As Senior Producer, you will be a content leader in the station with responsibility for the creation and delivery of innovative content with impact. You will be responsible for motivating others and getting the best out of the wider team.
In this exciting and fast-paced role, you will:
- Devise and lead the editorial vision for the relevant show and implement it accordingly
- Lead the production team and oversee all aspects of the daily production for the show
- Produce live in-studio proactively, constantly evolving the sound of the programme
- Develop a strong working relationship with the presenter/s, guide and direct them in a live broadcast setting
- Manage the production team to maximise impact, nurture and develop their talent, and give regular and consistent feedback
- Generate and develop creative, original, and new ideas for the programme
- React to breaking news quickly so that it gets to air accurately and first
- Edit and create imaginative audio pieces for the programme
- Break news stories and develop new angles and contributors to existing stories
- Secure the best guests and on-air exclusives for the programme
- Create and implement quarterly content plans to drive JNLR growth
- Work with Senior Editors and the News, Sport and Digital teams to set the agenda for the station on the key issues of public debate and maximise the impact of content
- Take a proactive part in weekly editorial meetings
- Work with the editorial team
- Other duties as required
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You have a strong interest in news and current affairs
- You have shown strong leadership qualities in previous roles
- You can spot and develop stories that get people talking
- You have excellent knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct
- You have a broad range of interests and follow news, politics, sport, business, celebrity news, social issues, and everything in between
- You’re a self-starter who can identify, pitch, and develop items for broadcast
- You are proficient in recording and editing and the workings of digital and social media
- You have excellent radio production and radio craft skills
- You are driven by an ambition to succeed
- You have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and to deadlines
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years experience in a similar role, managing content output, programme teams, and presenting talent in a broadcast environment
- Qualification in journalism or a related discipline
Please apply with a CV and cover letter specifying which show/s you would like to be considered for.
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2022.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.