Senior Producer – podcasts
We’re looking for an ideas-driven livewire with a keen interest in politics and culture and the ability to package them as irresistible podcast topics across a stable of weekly, daily, independent and client-owned podcasts.
If you’re a a leader who can set the tone for a hungry young company, take ownership of existing and new projects, and motivate those around them, we want to hear from you.
Background in radio or podcasts is ideal but not essential - but electrifying writing skills, a relentless appetite for work, vision, intuition, a natural understanding of audiences and a sense of humour are all must-haves.
Proficiency in all forms of social media, willingness to embrace new platforms, an ability to work calmly under pressure, and a commercial outlook – an ability to identify new clients and bring them better results than they could have possibly imagined – are also necessities.
This is a full-time position and you will report to the Head of Editorial.
This is an opportunity to make your mark, take on extra responsibilities and build something unique and exciting in the last frontier of media.
- Taking responsibility for future planning, scheduling, outlining episodes, guest booking and scriptwriting for the weekly REMAINIACS and daily BUNKER podcasts.
- Brainstorming, research and ideation – playing a driving role in idea generation and future development on both existing and new podcasts.
- Ensuring that our content is always relevant and exciting, our scripts sparkle with humour as well as authority, and our social media presence is always on point.
- Manage an Assistant Producer to identify themes, stories and guests, providing positive feedback and motivation.
- Developing a strong contact base.
- Working closely with the Head of Audio to ensure all recordings excel and proceed without hitches.
- Writing episode support copy, creating episode graphics using online design resources, and cross-promoting podcasts inventively across social and other media.
- Guiding our editorial strategy and direction with the Head of Content
- Playing a full role in a small team which is currently working from home but will be returning to a North London office in mid-autumn.
- This is a role for a creative producer with 2-3 years in news, politics or culture journalism, either radio/podcasts, print or online.
- Technical audio skills are a bonus but not a deal-breaker
Along with your resume, we will also want to see:
- 200 words on why you’re right for this position.
- Strengths and weaknesses of Remainiacs and The Bunker – bullet points, maximum five for each show.
- Topic menus for ONE edition of Remainiacs and ONE edition of the weekly Bunker roundtable show. Each weekly edition covers three topics each.
- THREE ideas for the Bunker Daily with suggested guests.