Series Lead Producer
As Novel continues to grow a slate of longform narrative podcast series, we are offering permanent contracts for audio producers with a proven track record of leading on longform serialised narrative podcasts.
This is an opportunity to lead on high profile, meaningful and exciting work. To be responsible for developing a team that uses diverse and innovative production styles to produce award winning shows.
We’re looking to hear from candidates that have a great ear for audio storytelling, with experience leading the production of narrative longform work, a solid understanding of what it takes to make impactful podcasts that gain critical acclaim and - most crucially - experience as a series or lead producer on a narrative series that they’re proud of.
Successful candidates will be experienced with the various workflows over the course of a longform series. We’re looking for team players but also producers who can show they have an independent drive, managing productions that are pushed along to hit deadlines whilst maintaining the necessary space for care and attention to detail. A track record of organising feedback sessions in big and small teams - running group listening, collating and then implementing feedback is essential.
A highly creative approach to audio production is a must. Editing on Descript and Reaper is a significant bonus.
If you fit the bill and are interested in a permanent role in which you will be an integral part of Novel’s production team working on major international projects then please do get in touch. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing company packed with creative programme makers, sound designers and experienced executive producers who’ll be on hand to help you craft
groundbreaking podcast series.
- Project management ●Leading Podcast production
- Narrative structuring
- Series planning
- Talent relations
- Sourcing and booking contributors
- Recording contributors, both remotely and on location
- Script writing and editing
- Organising, collating and implementing team feedback
- Audio editing to a high standard
- Music sourcing
- Working with Novel’s PR and marketing team to build an audience
- Devising and implementing production schedules
- Budget management
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & PERSON SPECIFICATION
- At least 5 years experience as an audio producer
- A track record of leading longform narrative podcasts
- A strong understanding of what it takes to tell powerful stories
- Passionate about documentaries, podcasting and creative audio production with wide ranging listening habits
- Excellent writer
- Proficient audio editor
- A skilled multitasker
- Exceptional organisation
- Experience creating and maintaining production schedules
- Confident with audio file organization
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Great communicator with junior staff, senior management, clients, interviewees and talent alike
- Creative thinker, capable of developing progressive approaches to familiar topics
- Keen problem solver – must be able to think on your feet and react quickly and calmly under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Proficient user of G-Suite and Slack and Descript
- Salary £50,000 - £70,000 (dependent on experience)
- 23 days of holiday per year + Christmas
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Season ticket loan
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CV and any other relevant information. Additionally, please include a paragraph on why you’d be a good candidate for the role along with examples of your best work.
Application deadline: September 1st, 2021