Show Producer – South Region
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Show Producer – South Region
Reporting of the role
The role reports to the Regional Managing Editor – Wales and the South
Overview of job
You will be responsible for producing and managing the regional Heart output from our Fareham Broadcast Centre and work on content for the regional Capital station – both on air, and on social media. This role requires high levels of creativity, organisation and talent management.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be joining one of the world’s leading Media and Entertainment groups working on the biggest and best brands in British radio!
- You’ll work in the live drive show environment daily, playing a key role in helping craft the output.
- You’ll be plugged in to the wider Global team and exposed to many exciting projects right across the business.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Developed a balanced understanding of the Heart and Capital Brands.
- Started to build great relationships with presenters, understanding how to get the best out of them to drive the biggest audiences.
- Contributed and helped drive exciting creative planning sessions.
- Worked alongside our Station Producers to help deliver outstanding content for our social channels.
- Worked alongside our commercial team to help plan, devise and implement exciting, branded content.
- Join the wider production teams in the East, West and Wales
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be managing and mentoring the presentation team to a high standard.
- You’ll play a part in coaching and developing existing talent.
- You'll be utilising your creativity to devise and implement outstanding and topical ideas for the stations and programmes.
- You’ll have a keen eye for creating great PR.
- You’ll be well-connected and plugged-in to the region as a whole.
- You’ll be passionate about what our audience loves, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this understanding at the heart of our programming.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A minimum 12 months experience working in a similar type of role.
- You will have outstanding organisational skills, and be able to handle a fast-paced workload
- You’ll ensure all aspects of broadcast law, compliance and the broadcasting code are enforced and adhered to.
- You’ll deliver creative solutions for clients to optimise revenue and audience growth whilst staying true to our core brand values.
- You’ll be confident using digital play out systems, Adobe Creative Suite, Audio Editing Systems, and online content management systems.
- You’ll demonstrate a passion for personal development and growth, with a dedication to cover other programming roles in the broadcast centre as and when required.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global