Smooth Breakfast Producer
Reporting To: Deputy Managing Editor
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the award-winning team at Global.
You’ll be working on one of the UK’s top 3 commercial brands, Smooth Radio. Enjoyed by one in ten adults in the UK every week, the Smooth brand has achieved record audience figures this year, and now reaches an audience of 5.7 million people.
In this exciting role, you’ll be working on Smooth’s London breakfast show – also broadcast nationally on Smooth Extra – and collaborating with the presenter in a live studio environment.
What we expect from you
- Experience of working in radio, or a comparable broadcast medium
- The ability to bring out the best in our presenters
- Experience working a studio desk and using digital editing software, like Adobe Audition
- A passion for music. We don’t require you to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of George Michael’s back catalogue, but you must be able to show an appreciation for the music we play. Equally, you won't live in a music bubble, with no feeling for what happens outside that world. We want someone who understands the relevance of mass-market radio to the lives of ordinary people
- A clear understanding of where Smooth sits within the UK media landscape
- The creative flair, skill and passion required to consistently create fantastic programmes, which keep our listeners with us for as long as possible at breakfast time
- The insight to know exactly what appeals to a 40+ audience and how to engage them across multiple platforms
- The ability to multi-task. That’s a skill you often see on job descriptions – but we really mean it. We’re a small, dedicated team, with producers who are adept at spinning lots of plates. You’ll thrive on the challenge of producing consistently excellent work, against tight deadlines, and you’ll also know how to prioritise
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
- Devising compelling content for the breakfast show
- Working one-to-one with presenters in a live studio environment
- Coming up with inventive new ways to attract a wider audience across multiple platforms
- Liaising with colleagues in our Digital, Commercial and Content Solutions teams
Who you’ll work with
- Smooth’s Deputy Managing Editor and Managing Editor
- Smooth’s presenters and producers
- The editorial team for SmoothRadio.com