Social Media Community Manager – talkSPORT
We are Wireless: Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which
have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is
rooted in delivering content our audiences love. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio
station, partnering with the Premier League and other leading sports bodies to deliver live
commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris
Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton at the weekends, and the best music Times Radio and
talkRADIO are the UK’s most exciting national speech radio services, offering fresh choice in news
and current affairs across multiple platforms. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local
radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
Your team: talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station. From World Cups and European
Championships to the Premier League and the Champions League, through to Test cricket and world
class boxing, the talkSPORT network is at the heart of the world’s major sporting events.
Your role: You will implement the Company’s Online Community Moderation Strategy, monitoring
and moderating user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe
and fun environment. This role coordinates with the internal Cyber-Security team to support its
mission, ensuring a safe and legal community environment, promoting excellent customer service
and helping to cultivate a strong community around the brand.
Day to day you will:
- Oversee the talkSPORT main social media accounts to high standard
- Implement the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with stakeholders
- across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer
- service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Review and effective moderate and user comments to house rules, investigate and resolve
- inappropriate content
- Manage the banned user process, and track and remove previously banned users
- Support presenters and talents in their use of social accounts via training
- Moderate communities located in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and
- ·other similar social media outposts, adapting methodology where appropriate
- Reviewing fan activity on official talkSPORT network social accounts, including Facebook,
- Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and more.
- Produce reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes
- Regularly feedback insights gained from community moderation into the Social team
- Monitor all industry and company information and news to anticipate potential issues
- Recommending any actions needed on user’s comments and messages, in accordance with
- moderation guidelines.What we’re looking for from you:
- Great knowledge of online legal issues and cool under pressure
- Be familiar with social media platforms.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices and managing large account.
- Knowledge of the Company’s industry and targeted demographic’s culture, as well as
- internet culture
- Ability to effectively communicate information and report statistics
- Team player, detail focused and reliable
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Availability to work days, evening, nights, as well as weekends as and when required.
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.