Social Media Community Manager, talkSPORT
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Your team: talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station. From World Cups and European Championships to the Premier League and the Champions League, through to Test cricket and world class boxing, the talkSPORT network is at the heart of the world’s major sporting events.
Your role: You will implement the Company’s Online Community Moderation Strategy, monitoring and moderating user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe and fun environment. This role coordinates with the internal Cyber-Security team to support its mission, ensuring a safe and legal community environment, promoting excellent customer service and helping to cultivate a strong community around the brand.
Day to day you will:
- Oversee the talkSPORT main social media accounts to high standard
- Implement the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Review the effective moderate and user comments to house rules, investigate and resolve inappropriate content
- Manage the banned user process and track and remove previously banned users
- Support presenters and talents in their use of social accounts via training
- Moderate communities located in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other similar social media outposts, adapting methodology where appropriate
- Reviewing fan activity on official talkSPORT network social accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and more.
- Produce reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes
- Regularly feedback insights gained from community moderation into the Social team
- Monitor all industry and company information and news to anticipate potential issues
- Recommending any actions needed on user's comments and messages, in accordance with moderation guidelines.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Great knowledge of online legal issues and cool under pressure
- Be familiar with social media platforms
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices and managing large accounts
- Knowledge of the company's industry and targeted demographic's culture, as well as internet culture
- Ability to effectively communicate information and report statistics
- Team player, detail focused and reliable
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights as well as weekends as and when required
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
Please upload a cover letter in the files section of your profile outlining why you are interested in this role as well as what you love about sport and social media.
Life at Wireless
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.