Social Media Editor, LBC
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here
Social Media Editor, LBC
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Editorial, LBC
Overview of job
The LBC’s Social Media Editor will be hired on a permanent basis and will report to the Head of Editorial, LBC and will play a meaningful role in creating compelling content that sets the news agenda and bringing LBC’s award-winning on-air content to the online environment.
3 best things about the job
- Content is key and you will work across all our platforms - You’ll be creating outstanding content from LBC’s radio output, curating articles using video, audio and social media to create original, shareable material.
- Every day truly is different. Political debate, Major crime stories. You will be involved in the stories that matter!
- You will be working very closely with our strong portfolio of presenters and news professionals, including LBC’s impressive online editorial team and programming team.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Proven your social media expertise by turning our shareable content viral
- Sourced original and interesting stories, and used innovative tools to create compelling content.
- Built great working relationships with the LBC presenters and producers working with teams across the range of LBC's output.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be a social media expert who knows how to take advantage of social media to turn our shareable content viral.
- You’ll be a news and politics junkie who loves getting original and interesting stories, using innovative tools to create compelling content.
- You will be responsible for editing video for online use to support editorial needs, both on-air and online, including the visualisation of live on-air content, and editing audio and video for online use to support the website’s editorial needs.
- Using image editing software, to build accompanying pieces of design for use on the website, on videos and audio content.
- You will be familiar with best practices on key social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Working closely with the editorial team to drive revenues, users, customer satisfaction and watch time on the content you create and the LBC website in general.
- Creating a great working relationship with the LBC presenters and producers working with teams across the range of LBC's output.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- You’ll need a good awareness of news and politics.
- You’ll be passionate about social media and how to use it to spread our content to as wide an audience as possible
- You’ll be into all multi-media with video, audio and photography and have a decent knowledge of video/audio editing.
- Experienced in creating compelling online content and an understanding of online media and their relation to offline media.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Reporting on and analysing online user engagement.
- Knowledge and use of Photoshop or similar.
- React timely to breaking stories to deliver topical and engaging content.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com