Social Media Manager, talkSPORT
We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
The talkSPORT website is viewed by millions of people a month, while we have 1.6 million followers on Twitter, a Facebook page with three million likes and a YouTube channel with more than 850,000 subscribers. We are now recruiting for a Social Media Manager to be part of the digital team at talkSPORT.
As Social Media Manager of talkSPORT.com, you will help manage the day to day running of our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. Reporting to the website editor, you will be responsible for curating news and feature content across our social channels with the aim of driving visitors to talkSPORT.com and positively promoting the radio station to a wide audience. You will monitor trends and suggest ideas for social media friendly stories to the editorial team.
Day to day you will:
- Oversee and manage talkSPORT’s social media accounts to a high standard
- Schedule and post content via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Cover live sporting events and breaking news on social media
- Create graphics and engagement assets to maximise impact of content
- Track trending topics
- Share insight and ideas with the editorial team
- Use analytics tools to improve understanding of audience
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Proven ability to grow social media accounts
- You are obsessed with football and have a keen interest in other sports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to spot a story that a wide audience will want to read about
- Immersed in social media and always up to date with the latest trends
- Able to prioritise tasks and excel in a fast-moving, pressurised environment
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Exceptional work ethic and willingness to work at unsociable times
- Experience of using photo editing tools
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.