Social Media Producer, Daytime
Virgin Radio is the best place to work in the world, why wouldn’t you want to be part of it?
Broadcasting from the top of the News UK Building in London Bridge, Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky and The Graham Norton Radio Show with Waitrose.
We’re looking for a world class Social Media Producer to come and take our morning social presence to the next level. Reporting to the Digital Manager, you’ll be working directly with The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky team on bringing the show to life on the timelines of its existing fans, and crucially, potential new listeners!
We are looking for a creative, journalistically-driven social media producer to produce lively, impactful social media content for Virgin Radio UK, with a particular focus on supporting our editorial website content strategy.
We want someone who lives and breathes social media and has a good understanding of and passion for great radio. You will be the link between the station and its listeners, and help maintain a circular relationship between us and them!
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Create social media posts that showcase the best of our output and connect with the right audience
- Write accurate, engaging copy
- Work closely with our team of digital content writers, sharing our website content to a strategic schedule as well as sourcing and editing the best ‘scroll-stopping’ images for their articles
- Produce creative videos, graphics and other shareable multimedia posts to enhance our visibility
- Collaborate with producers and presenters on social-specific ideas and see them through from conception to delivery
- Communicate directly with listeners to answer their queries, provide consumer support or help turn their engagement into content
- On occasion, you will be asked to provide holiday/absence cover for the Social Media Producer working on The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience in writing and creating compelling, successful social media content, especially on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok
- Passion for music, entertainment and social media
- Experience of working in the media sector and/or radio
- Excellent written communication skills
- Technical proficiency in multimedia technology including Adobe Creative Suite (in particular, Photoshop and Premiere Pro)
- Proactive and motivated, with a willingness to take on any task
- Positive collaborative approach to working in a busy studio environment
- Availability to work from our London Bridge studios
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020, Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at Wireless
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.