Social Producer, 12 Month FTC
Social Producer, 12 Month FTC
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020, Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
The Team: talkRADIO is the Home of Common Sense where Britain's best presenters deliver big opinions on the stories that matter to the nation.
Your Role: As a Social Producer, reporting to the Head of Social - you will be part of our digital production team which will showcase the best of our multi-platform audio-visual content from Britain’s most exciting speech radio station. This role involves shift work, evenings and weekends
Day to day you will:
- Develop ideas for our digital platforms and exploiting our content to drive audience growth and engagement
- You will be a strong and confident communicator and be able to work under pressure to make sense of complicated stories
- Create social media posts that showcase the best output from across the talkRADIO schedule.
- Staying up to date with the latest social media trends.
- Write impactful and compelling posts that share the strongest news and politics lines from talkRADIO stories and interviews
- Produce creative videos and graphics and shareable multimedia posts to enhance the visibility of talkRADIO.
- Collaborate with presenters and the broadcast teams to improve and make the most of the visualised studio output.
- Work flexibly, including weekend and late shifts, to cover the demands of a 24-hour news agenda.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to connecting with talkRADIO’s audience.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- A creative mind, ability to think differently and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills
- Up to date with current news environment
- Used to working closely with presenters
- Reliable understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.