Beat 102-103 is recruiting a Solutions Manager. You will have a passion for creativity & be eager to develop new promotional ideas which will excite Beat’s valued audience. With excellent interpersonal skills, you will have experience in leading teams to deliver on innovative projects within tight deadlines.
YOUR TEAM: Digital Editor/ Solutions Support
HOURS: As per your offer letter.
You are responsible for overseeing, driving, and developing the Solutions Department:
- You will manage a team that includes a full-time digital editor & part-time support staff.
- Execution of General show competitions from start to finish e.g weeklong, weekend, one-off. This includes mechanics, scheduling inventory, and managing prizes.
- Major Station promotions
- The Digital editor will be in charge of the Company’s digital strategy and will report to you.
- Beat Fleet activity – recruitment, training, booking and managing the seasonal team.
- Outside Broadcasts – liaising with technical and sales on booking of same. You will also analyze and see how these can be done better. Seek out opportunities for new Outside Broadcasts.
- Sponsorship and promotions of nontraditional revenue events: e.g Beat 102-103 annual Wedding Expo & other NTR events.
- Lead the Solutions team to be the best it can be for Beat.
- Develop creative solutions that stand out from the crowd from initial idea right through to execution either on air, online or on the street.
- Manage sponsorships – update spreadsheet, alert team to availability and devise new opportunities for sponsorship.
- Foster the creative team, ensuring ideas consistently flow for creative content.
- Manage all aspects of Promotional activity including budgeting of the activity.
- On each station promotion, you will be the link between all departments.
- Each major station promotion will be led by you
- Quarterly Planning of yearlong promotional activity.
- Stock Take – Source and update promotions material for the Beat brand.
- Monitor and report on engagement metrics, continually showing the business value of creating engaging content.
- Prepare all proposals and implement the agreed brief regarding prizes and recorded proof of transmission.
- Attend sales meetings to update on solutions.
- Always maintain excellent product knowledge & JNLR knowledge.
- Liaise with Programme Director and Head of Station Sound to agree on-air concepts and ensure presenters are fully briefed.
- Ensure prizes are distributed in a timely fashion.
- Involvement in client events when appropriate.
- Represent Beat 102 103 as required.
- Strive to generate revenue from the solutions department to achieve set targets.
- Identify opportunities to grow year on year revenue & customer base. You will liaise closely with the digital editor to help grow revenue-generating digital content.
- Monitor performance against gains and losses.
- Utilize all research data to support the case for radio.
- Monitor competitive activity on other stations worldwide and across other media.
- Support other members of the Team as and when required.
- Adhere to the Company’s strict Credit Control policies rigorously.
- Maintaining full and up-to-date contact details for all contacts.
You are expected to exceed client’s expectations when it comes to customer service, specifically in the following areas:
- Engage with all relevant personnel to ensure Beat 102-103 over-delivers when it comes to commercial content.
- Face-to-face contact with all key influencers where appropriate.
- Prompt return of customer phone calls and e-mails.
- Thinking outside the box is a must.
- Delivery of all requested information ahead of or at least on time.
- Follow-up contact after all promotional activity.
- All documentation and administration maintained to allow other team members to adopt or access where required.