Are you up for creating incredible audio experiences for the best audience in the world? Unique stories about and for the British Armed Forces are what we gather, produce and present every single day.
BFBS is hiring a sound designer to help take our podcast and speech audio to the next level with sharp editing, mixing and creative sound design across our output.
You’ll need to be highly motivated and ambitious, have a superb ear for speech editing and processing, and be able to work very efficiently to a very high standard. You’ll have a detailed understanding of mixing audio, with a musical ear and be able to use music as a tool for underscoring the narrative journey through our output.
You’ll have a passion for and an understanding of what it takes to deliver high quality sound in everything from interviews to powerful narrative stories both on the radio and in our podcasts. A proven track record in delivering premium sounding, high quality work for leading broadcasters/networks/platforms is essential.
If you fit the bill and are interested in a role in which you will be an integral part of BFBS’s audio team, then please do get in touch with a 5-minute demo of your best work. You’ll be joining a team with big ambition, passionate to deliver for our unique audience and eager to do more for them in the audio sphere.
If you’re interested and would like to know more, please email email@example.com
Post: Sound Designer
Line Manager: Audio Content Manager
- Sound design and production for BFBS podcasts and network speech content
- Audio editing to an exceptionally high standard
- Music mixing
- Delivery of broadcast ready projects on time, every time
- Upload of all podcast and speech materials to the relevant host sites
- Assisting Principal Programmer (Audio) on day to day tasks
- Assisting Audio Content Manager on day to day tasks
- Assisting in the curation of library music playlists for productions
- Assisting producers and presenters for remote interview recordings
- Speech editing advice for the wider team and ability to host a masterclass
- At least 3 years experience in audio post-production
- A track record of producing high quality broadcast/podcast ready content
- Excellent editing and mixing skills with an expert practical knowledge of editing software, in particular Adobe Audition
- Ability to clean up speech recordings that require improvement in quality
- Experience in the use of audio/music libraries
- Passionate about podcasting and creative audio production with wide ranging listening habits
- Highly proficient with audio distribution and upload to external sites
- Capable of following a brief and taking direction
- Ability to turn around audio on a tight deadline
- Great communicator with junior staff, senior management, clients, interviewees and talent alike
- Creative thinker, capable of going the extra mile and finding new approaches to regular content streams
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who thrives under time pressure
- Must have attention to detail – our audience demands a high standard of output
Life at BFBS Forces News
BFBS is a charity and media organisation with a mission to entertain, inform, connect and champion the UK armed forces, their families and veterans.
We strive to be a diverse and inclusive employer, welcoming open-minded, talented and creative people from all kinds of backgrounds, and with different preferences and experiences. What we all have in common is a commitment to trust, quality, innovation and going the extra mile to achieve our mission. It’s a great place to work, with a unique mix of a charity, broadcast and digital creative environment.
As an organisation, we have lived and worked with the military community for over 75 years, and we are incredibly proud of our roots.
Our radio, TV and digital channels boost the morale of the armed forces serving overseas – and their families – keeping them connected with home, while our agile distribution solutions are tailored to each local environment and infrastructure, providing media services wherever the armed forces are overseas.
Across a growing number of platforms, our captivating military storytelling is popular with both the armed forces community and curious civilians. And our creative, training and events services offer award-winning expertise and skills to defence and government.
We are an equal opportunities employer who actively encourages people from all cultural backgrounds and with disabilities to apply.
To apply, please send your demo, CV and covering letter, telling us why you fit the role and please state your salary expectations too, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you please also complete the Equality and Diversity Information Form provided on our website and return it as part of your application.
This advert has no close date, we reserve the right to close it at any time and interview candidates as and when they apply, therefore, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as they see the advert. Thank you.
We thank you for your interest and application. We can’t guarantee to be able to respond to all applicants, therefore, if we do not contact you within 28 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful. Please look out for other opportunities on our website http://jobs.bfbs.com