Sports Researcher/Content Creator – The Last Word
Sports Researcher / Content Creator – Today FM
Today FM is Ireland’s most popular independent radio station with an audience of over 860,000 people every week. At Today FM, we’ve established a reputation for entertaining, intelligent and energetic programming, supported with strong news, sport and current-affairs values.
Today FM is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, with a track record for highly innovative, unique and engaging marketing campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and listenership.
The Last Word is Ireland’s most cutting-edge talk show covering an extensive range of topics. This is your chance to be part of an energetic, talented team working to produce a creative, fast-paced daily radio show.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
What you'll do:
In this exciting and fast paced role, you will:
• Generate and develop original ideas for the programme
• Research items and collate, edit, and script briefs
• Book and maintain relationships with show guests, in particular sports contributors
• Develop new angles and contributors on existing stories
• Turn around breaking news in a timely and accurate manner
• Creatively communicate show content across all platforms to drive listenership figures
• Secure on-air exclusives for the programme
• Edit relevant sound clips
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
• Excellent research skills
• Journalism experience and an ability to spot a news story
• In-depth sporting knowledge. Good working knowledge of Irish politics and current affairs
• An ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly to an ever-changing news cycle, and meet tight deadlines
• Technically proficient in Adobe Audition and/or other audio editing software
• A good knowledge of the law, ethics, and industry regulations around radio production
• Flexibility – a willingness to jump in and do what needs to be done
Our Culture & Rewards
At Communicorp Media we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
Communicorp Media employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to live and work by - ‘ Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day. Our culture is open – an idea can come from anywhere or anyone! We like to talk to each other – a lot – and we encourage individuality and embrace new ideas.
Part of the fun of working in Communicorp Media is the regular opportunities to score free tickets for the hottest gig in town! On top of that, we also provide benefits such as free video doctor/ GP service, flexible holidays (which employees can buy or sell), a health cash back plan, life cover, income protection cover, employee savings, discounts and wellness portal and more. And on top of all that, we are located right in the heart of Dublin 2, with many coffee, food and shopping options on our doorstep.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 5th November 2020