The Board of Community Radio Youghal invites applicants for the following position:
In existence for over 40 years CRY104fm is seeking a dynamic Station Manager who will have the energy and drive to lead a successful team forward and to continue the growth and development of an ever expanding Community Radio Station.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate experience in managing permanent and part-time staff, applying for public grants and funding, coordinating volunteers, overseeing training programmes, engaging in fundraising activities and events and providing strategic planning for the future development of the Station.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing Finances and collaborating with the Treasurer and Finance Committee.
- Engaging with the BAI (Broadcasting Authority of Ireland) ensuring the Programme Policy Statement and Contract with the BAI are adhered to and updated
- Work effectively with the Board of Directors and relevant sub Committees. Compiling regular updates and progress reports to the Board whilst Carrying out the requirements of the Board of Directors in relation to Policy, Programming and Personnel.
- Ensuring that the radio station is fully compliant with all legal requirements for publicly funded community enterprises, including GDPR and current broadcasting legislation.
- Facilitating Community and Voluntary Organisations and the wider community in all aspects of the station’s activities, including programming and decision making.
- Increasing the awareness of the station and station activities in the wider community
- Raising the income level of the station through sourcing new funding streams and building on the current funding streams specifically Advertising and Sponsorship, Training and Fundraising whilst continuing to build on the stations excellent track record with the Sound and Vision Scheme.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of preparing business plans and reviewing business strategies
- Experience / interest in broadcasting is desirable
- Experience of working with and reporting to a voluntary board of directors
- Experience of successfully applying for public funding, grant applications, and securing alternative income streams
- Excellent financial management and financial administration skills
- Staff and volunteer management experience and the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Negotiation and conflict resolution experience
- Ability and vision to develop and lead a social enterprise
- Ability to form good working relationships with people from a wide range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Knowledge of employment law and up to date Governance Codes and Practices
- Proven funding application writing skills and financial budgeting ability
- Collaboration with Public Service Bodies and statutory and voluntary agencies including the BAI and POBAL to secure funding for the station’s services and to ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
The position is funded under the Pobal Community Services Programme, and is subject to the ongoing funding of the programme.
Salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Full driving license and own transport desirable.
The Contract is for an initial one -year period, dependent on a six-month probation period and re-contracting with the Community Service Programme in 2020.
Please forward you application with CV and Cover Letter to:
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday January 17th 2020.