We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the role
The role reports to the Regional Managing Editor – Wales and the South
Overview of job
You will be working to create audio and develop content across our stations, driving RAJAR growth and enabling them to meet their business objectives. You will take an active role in the co-ordination and administration of all relevant parts of programming and branded content activity. This will include producing audio for on-air content, as well as working on online and social media output, and studio producing shows.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be joining one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups, working on the biggest and best brands in British radio!
- No day will ever be the same, with a huge amount of variety in the type of work that you will undertake.
- You’ll be plugged in to the wider Global team and exposed to many exciting projects right across the business.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Developed a balanced understanding of the Capital and Heart Brands.
- Worked alongside our Show Producers to deliver outstanding on-air content
- Gained a strong grasp of all our software, including ProTools – which you will have used to create on-air production elements
- Worked alongside our commercial team to help plan, devise and implement exciting, branded content
- Contributed and helped drive exciting creative planning sessions.
Responsibilities of the role
- Assisting in the implementation of programming plans and strategies across relevant Global brands.
- Working alongside the show producer on the regional drivetime shows – to include studio producing and creating audio production elements.
- Working alongside commercial teams & other producers to find the right creative solutions for our clients.
- Working closely with the network programming and central production teams in London.
- Helping to implement the social networking strategy for each brand, making sure that this is managed daily across all platforms.
- Lead all aspects of local output on the station websites.
- Work with the Regional Managing Editor & Deputy to ensure the EPG and schedule is kept up to date
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Using digital playout systems, as well as audio editing software – such as Adobe Audition and ProTools
- The ability to solve problems with creative flair and good judgment, in order to respond positively with the right programming solutions for Global
- You'll be a proactive self-starter with an ear and eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to cope under pressure and respond calmly
- A strong understanding of the Capital and Heart brands and their audiences – with the ability to produce relevant content for both.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global