We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the Role
The role reports to the Regional Managing Editor – Scotland, Midlands & The North
Overview of the job
You will be working to develop content and commercial solutions that will drive RAJAR growth and enable the stations to meet their business objectives. You will take an active role in the co-ordination and administration of all relevant parts of programming and branded content activity, which will include the writing and production of scripts, promos, online and social media content.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be joining one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups, working on the biggest and best brands in British radio.
- No day will ever be the same, with a huge amount of variety in the type of work that you will undertake.
- You’ll be plugged in to the wider Global team and exposed to many exciting projects right across the business.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Worked alongside our commercial team to help plan, devise and implement, exciting, branded content.
- Developed a healthy understanding of the Capital, Heart and Smooth Brands.
- Contributed and helped drive exciting creative planning sessions.
- Worked alongside our Show Producers to deliver amazing content for our social channels.
- Plugged into the digital teams to ensure local programmes are promoting content, resonating with audiences and where appropriate driving local engagement.
Responsibilities of the role
- Working directly with our commercial teams to find the right creative solutions for our clients.
- Assisting in the implementation of programming plans and strategies across relevant Global brands.
- Working closely with the network programming and central production teams in London.
- Lead all aspects of the station websites to make sure that the content is always up to date and that local shows are contributing and promoting content.
- Helping to execute the social networking strategy for each brand, making sure that this is managed daily across all platforms.
- Work with the Regional Managing Editor to ensure the EPG and schedule is kept up to date including helping organising cover for shows from the Broadcast Centre.
- If the Regional Managing Editor who you report into works across multiple sites (where there isn't a separate Station Producer) you will also be encouraged to support these sites.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Confidence using digital playout systems, Adobe Creative Suite, ProTools and online content management systems.
- A sound understanding of video production and video editing techniques.
- The ability to tackle problems with creative flair and good judgment, in order to respond positively with the right programming solutions for Global.
- You'll be a proactive self-starter with an ear and eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to cope under pressure and respond calmly.
- A passion for personal development and growth, with a dedication to cover other programming roles in the broadcast centre as and when required.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global