Studio Manager & Engineer
Soho Radio Productions was founded in 2019 with the opening of our beautiful studios at 33 Broadwick Street, just below our global radio station and sister company Soho Radio.
Since then, we have become the go-to recording space for some of the nation’s best-loved podcasts and audio projects including Fearne Cotton’s Happy Place, George Ezra and Friends, Love Island: The Morning After, Three Little Words with John Bishop and Tony Pitts, Shaun Keaveny’s The Line Up, Emma Gannon’s CTRL ALT DLT, Caroline O’Donoghue’s Sentimental Garbage and clients ranging from outlets like the BBC, NBC and Tortoise Media to corporates like EY, Legal and General and Manolo Blahnik.
Our portfolio of services has expanded from dry-hire recording studios to include the full spectrum of podcasting and audio activities. We offer our clients support from the research and development stages right the way through to filming, editing, and distributing their podcast, and everything in between.
We also produce our own content under Soho Radio Originals which is in a very exciting stage of development.
As Studio Manager and Engineer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the studio and ultimately its success, with a focus on client services as you will be their first point of contact. Every day is different but broadly you will:
- Manage all aspects of the studios’ appointments and client requirements, including responding to queries, winning large projects and delivering the highest quality customer service
- Manage a team of freelancers to fulfil the studio’s requirements, hiring where necessary
- Engineer (driving the desk) and produce sessions where necessary
- Develop and execute business growth strategies alongside the senior team
- Develop the studios’ social media presence
There will also be the opportunity to work across internal and external projects – we welcome creativity and ideas, and your voice will be heard.
We love working with people who are enthusiastic about the art of audio in all its forms.
Please consider applying even if you don’t fit the requirements exactly:
- Ideal – but not essential – management experience in any capacity: this could be in a hospitality or retail setting, events, a radio station etc.
- Sound knowledge of and passion for audio production/editing (for e.g Audition or Logic) and audio equipment for e.g driving desks and in-studio mic set-ups
- Demonstrable experience in a client-facing, project-focused environment in any capacity
- Flexible on working hours and patterns – this role may require late nights or early mornings depending on bookings
- Very organised
- Sales/target-driven experience would be very useful
- Knowledge and interest in social media
Why work for us
- Soho Radio and Soho Radio Productions is a close-knit, diverse community of creatives and artists that will welcome you to our amazing network
- There is fantastic opportunity for career advancement - working with a small team and the founders, your voice will be heard, you will have the chance to pitch and take ownership of projects, developing the Soho Radio Productions brand and your skills
- Perks - we are based in a beautiful dog-friendly FORA workspace in the heart of Soho with great amenities including a free gym studio/classes and many, many snacks
- Flexible working hours including working from home (where possible)
- Performance-related commission structure