TalkSport: We are talkSPORT - From World Cups & European Championships to the Premier League and the Champions League through to Test Match Cricket and World Class Boxing, the talkSPORT Network is at the heart of the world’s major sporting events. Throw in our flagship programmes shows such as GameDay Exclusive, the talkSPORT Breakfast, Drivetime with Adrian Durham & Darren Gough and we truly have a radio station to shout about.
We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. With The Times Radio that has now launched and talkRADIO going from strength to strength, Wireless is the place to be.
Your role: You will spend time with our audio, social media team and live shows; you’ll learn everything we can teach you about how to create content, tell and share stories, attract, grow and capture an audience. You will spend four days a week with us doing on the job training and a day a week learning all there is to learn about journalism and radio broadcast with our partner PA training. At the end of the programme you’ll graduate with a qualification in journalism and be well on your way to your chosen career in radio.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are passionate about sport and creating the best audio and social content
- You are excited by what can be achieved when the drama of sport and the passion of our presenters and production staff are combined
- You turn new and imaginative ideas into reality and can help us create a younger sound that will resonate with a more diverse audience
- You excite people by the way you tell stories
- You make the complex simple
- You have a desire to do well and don’t let people down
- You have a natural determination and are always striving to do better
- You are a good storyteller and know what makes a story interesting
More than anything you have a passion for learning and will grab this opportunity with both hands with the aspiration of being a creative force.
Closing date for applications - 12th October 2020