Team Co-ordinator (London Based)
AUGUST 5, 2021
Somethin’ Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts and Radio that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in London, New York, and LA.
The business is growing and as a result we are looking to support the Podcast team based in the UK. We are looking for a Team Co-ordinator to provide support to the EVP, Co-head of Global Podcasts UK, the Global SVP of Podcast Production and the Chief Operating Officer, along with some support to the Audio Teams; Narrative and Entertainment. (Initially this role may also support the Co-head US).
Reporting to the EVP, Co-head Global Podcasts UK, this role equally supports the SVP of Podcast Production, the Chief Operating Officer and two VPs of UK podcasting.
What you’ll do
For the 3 Executives:
As Team Coordinator you will:
- You’ll perform general administrative support and run the diaries for the EVP, SVP & COO. This includes but is not limited to screening and directing phone calls, maintaining calendars, organising meetings / special events, submitting expenses on their behalf and handling extensive US and international travel arrangements.
- Assist the EVP, SVP & COO in day to day tasks such as helping to prepare reports, sourcing materials for presentations, preparation of meeting rooms and ensuring guests are welcomed warmly and professionally.
- Prepare business expense reports or other required materials in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Provide research support to the wider podcast production team concerning creative ideas that are in development.
- Provide research and informational support, prepare decks in Powerpoint or Keynote.
- Send out meeting invitations.
- Responsibility for the management and organisation of regular divisional meetings, both UK and Global.
- Ensuring that the invitation list is kept up to date and presentation submissions for meeting decks are received in a timely manner and collated into 1 presentation.
- Arrange hospitality needs such as tea, coffee and refreshments for key client meetings, restaurant booking and office parties
- Schedule creative and other team awaydays, find venues and spec conference needs.
- Coordinate conference calls (domestic and international)
- Create and circulate agendas and presentations for meetings
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and projects for example, providing research support to the wider podcast production team concerning creative ideas that are in development
For the VPs of Podcasts UK:
- Organise and manage events for the team, e.g. creative awaydays; group brainstorming etc.
- Manager the timetable for regular team meetings, to ensure they do not clash with other Global meetings, and ensure that the invitation list is kept up to date.
- Help create and collate decks in PowerPoint or Keynote for creative pitches to external clients
- Meet and greet external clients and ensure that they are welcomed and made comfortable prior to important meetings i.e. pitches.
- Help to organise team social/bonding events
Who You Are:
We’re looking for someone who has:
- The ability to work well in a team
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Demonstrable experience of diary management, multiple diaries desirable
- Experience in managing multiple schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and able to prioritise an ever changing ‘to do’ list
- Detail oriented, organised, accurate with the ability to multi-task under pressure
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Confident and self-motivated
- Articulate and a good communicator, both verbal and written
- With a calm, positive and professional demeanour
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, and MS Office to include PowerPoint
- Able to work discretely and confidentially
- Ability to work with all types of personality, resourceful, self-confident and resilient
What we can offer:
Being part of a large global entertainment organisation, you’d expect great benefits, and you won’t be disappointed. From promoting wellbeing to supporting our parent community to free gig tickets:
- An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
- Investment in your learning and development
- You join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A competitive salary package, including participation in Sony’s bonus scheme
- Our Unmind app provides our employees with the tools they need to proactively support their wellbeing
- Premium days as well as an annual leave entitlement, and the ability to trade holiday
- Private medical, dental and life insurance, health screenings and eye tests
- Virtual GP access
- Cycle to work scheme and access to some great gym discounts
- We have maternity, adoption and shared parental leave entitlements that ensure our people are supported during some of the most important moments of their lives
- An annual gig allowance as well as a monthly allowance for new music
- A generous pension scheme that double matches your contributions (limits apply)
- National Art Pass, season ticket loans and a discounted Spotify account
- Great deals on Sony electronic
This role is based in London, UK.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work. Applications close at midnight on 20th August 2021.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, reed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.