Ujima Radio is a full-time licensed community radio station that began in 2008. Ujima Radio CIC is now building and delivering on the objective to be more than a radio station and becoming a community development and media organisation.
Ujima’s vision is to create a vibrant and sustainable social enterprise that is highly valued by the community it serves. Ujima will also seek to create positive change for other disadvantaged groups and local people. Ujima is volunteer-led, giving people skills and volunteering opportunities
The Technical Coordinator will be responsible for on-air and off-air radio/broadcast output and operational issues including providing comprehensive support for all aspects of programme production, including website management, research, studio operation, equipment maintenance and some training and administrative duties consistent with experience. The role is part-time and future roles and salaries are subject to income generation
Key Purpose of Job
1. To ensure the quality of broadcast is to Ujima’s level of high broadcast standards.
2. To be responsible for the simple operation of a variety of analogue and digital Radio, online and radio equipment operation, editing, use of recording equipment, etc.
3. To support the improvement of overall communications of the station to its community and stakeholders.
4. At all times to carry out duties in accordance with Ujima Radio Health and Safety guidelines/policy.
1. This post holder will be responsible for the technical quality the station’s overall output.
2. Responsible in ensuring that the station complies with laws, regulations and industry codes governing the station’s use of technologies.
3. Ensure that the station’s technology is fit for purpose and appropriately maintained.
4. Responsible for assigning cart ranges for station and presenters trails, jingles or adverts.
5. To provide technical production and operational assistance on location for live and recorded events.
6. To provide technical training and support to volunteers as required.
Main Duties and Key Tasks / Activities Duties:
1. Manage and support the development of the station’s technical Volunteers.
2. Work within and get the best value for the annual technical budget.
3. Support and liaise with media partners such as BBC, Ch4 and other community radio stations for Projects.
4. Input to newsletter and digital media.
5. Oversee hiring of studio space and booking of resources/equipment.
6. Manage and liaise regarding any relevant technical issues and oversee technical updates and maintenance of current equipment/resources.
7. Identify volunteer’s skills, technical training requirements, induction and technical support.
8. Keeping abreast of changes in broadcasting regulations (as it relates to technology) and keeping the station informed.
9. Preparing monitoring reports as required.
10. Developing and overseeing the delivery of informal and accredited training at Ujima.
11. Assisting in developing a programme/presenters review process to support progression for the volunteers.
12. Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations e.g. Health and Safety laws, employment laws and Ofcom regulations.
13. To undertake other roles as directed.
Tasks 1. To support, train and facilitate audio/technical workshops as required.
2. To fulfil other reasonable duties as required by line manager
1. Knowledge of broadcast and production IT systems.
2. Ability to work co-operatively as part of a small team.
3. Excellent IT skills and an understanding of the Microsoft Windows technologies (Windows Server 2012, Windows 10 Pro, IPv4 networking) environment.
4. Well-developed IT and communication skills.
5. Understand the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
6. Experience of working with volunteers.
7. Enthusiastically inquisitive about technology, and keen to identify how technology can be used to improve business processes or the station’s finances.
8. Keen to take on responsibility for solving technical challenges.
9. Adaptable and able to think laterally and quickly to solve problems
How to apply:
Please email C.V and covering letter to email@example.com