Technical Producer, Times Radio
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Times Radio has shaken up the broadcasting firmament since launching in June 2020, and our recent nomination as UK Station of the Year in the Arias demonstrates the impact we have made. As a live news radio station, we have built up a strong reputation for providing well-informed, thoughtful and intelligent news and discussion, covering the key stories of the day. We have combined the famous journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the radio experience of News Broadcasting to create a station that already has over 550,000 weekly listeners. We have a world-class line-up of presenters talking to excellent guests, who value conversation over confrontation.
Day to day you will:
- Be the final point of quality control for our National Radio Stations, producing balanced, great sounding radio
- Putting guests and presenters to air in our state of the art radio studios
- Working closely with Editors and Producers in an exciting, fast paced environment
- Performing line tests with contributors
- Scheduling and controlling our studio playout system, RCS Zetta
- Working with our news gathering systems Burli and NewsBoss
- Mixing and influencing the sound of our station through our Telos AxiaFusion audio consoles
- Controlling our studio visualisation system, MultiCAM
- Working with our studio phone and outside source suit, BionicStudio/PhoneBOX
What we’re looking for from you:
- Knowledge of and experience working with audio in a live environment
- Experience with studio equipment, microphones and headphones
- Experience with recording audio onto solid state recorders
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.