Technical Producer (PM), 12 Month FTC
Technical Producer (PM) – 12 Month FTC
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020, Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
The Team: talkRADIO is the Home of Common Sense where Britain's best presenters deliver big opinions on the stories that matter to the nation.
Your Role: As a Technical Producer, reporting to the Production Manager - you will provide high quality output for the station. You will be able to mutli-task in what can be a loud and busy environment where deadlines are constantly changing. You must be able to prioritise and take instruction from the producer while always listening to the output of the programme. You will have foresight as to what could go wrong and what you’ve put in place to prevent that from happening. This role will be Mon-Fri, with flexible shift patterns from 12pm-7pm and 6pm-1am changing on a fortnightly basis.
Day to day you will:
- Experience of driving live radio programmes and being the focal point between the presenter and production team.
- Manage microphones - settings and monitoring the levels of presenters, guests and listening to every word that goes out on air.
- You’ll also be required to have a great knowledge of playout systems such as Zetta and Myriad and the ability to manually play out the news, weather and traffic and travel if required.
- You’ll have an excellent understanding of the OFCOM code.
- Be versatile and adept to run live outside broadcasts from the studio.
- As talkRADIO continues to lead the industry in its visualisation, you’ll also be responsible for helping play out live events (press conference etc) or video clips live on air, and it’s essential that you work with the producer and visual producer to do this correctly.
- You may also be tasked with capturing and editing audio as and when asked by the produce
What we’re looking for from you:
- A passion for radio production and an ear for great audio
- A creative mind, ability to think differently and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills
- Up to date with current news environment
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to work quickly in small teams
- Used to working closely with presenters
- A trusted pair of hands you have a reliable understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
- Familiar with playout systems such as Zetta and Myriad, and audio editing software Burli
- A creative mind and ability to think differently
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.