UK Country Manager – Radioplayer
- About us:
UK Radioplayer LTD (“Radioplayer”) is a unique non-profit partnership between the BBC and the main commercial radio groups in the UK (Global, Bauer and Radiocenter). UK Radioplayer LTD has a strong partnership with Radioplayer World LTD which is designed to create high quality and simple radio listening experiences into the car and on connected devices (smart speakers, mobile app…). Radioplayer wants to develop the radio prominence into the car by using the hybrid radio technology and propose the best user experience possible wherever digital radio is available. UK Radioplayer LTD aims to develop radio listening in the UK via a platform that can be accessed from anywhere, especially in the car.
UK Radioplayer works with all kind of radio stations in the country: BBC, big commercial radios, independent commercial radios but also community radio stations. UK Radioplayer offers high-quality integration of radio in a wide range of environments (cars, mobile applications, webplayers, connected speakers, connected TV, etc.).
In July 2023, the company's partners decided to accelerate the company's development with new investments. A new strategic plan was adopted in October 2023. The Radioplayer project is ambitious. Join us on this adventure.
- About the role
Radioplayer Worldwide LTD operates in 21 countries and UK Radioplayer LTD is the local partner for Radioplayer in the UK. In the Radioplayer Worldwide network, each country is managed by a person who is responsible for developing the brand and working with all the radio stations in their country.
The country manager plays a key role in the development of UK Radioplayer. In charge of the relations with all the members in the UK, he or she is the key to achieving our strategy. They will also be the UK representative for Radioplayer Worldwide LTD, with whom we have a licensing agreement.
We are looking for a country manager who is an expert in their field and passionate about radio and new technologies. They should not be afraid to get involved in operational issues and should also take into account the company's budgetary and strategy constraints.
UK Radioplayer LTD is headquartered in London but our partnership with Radioplayer Worldwide LTD include regular travel across Europe. We are open to flexible working arrangements.
The UK country manager will report directly to the board of UK Radioplayer.
- Relations with UK broadcasters:
- Support the on-boarding of UK stations, including setting up new users in the system and testing technical setup
- Act as “first line” support to stations in UK Radioplayer, solving technical and product issues where possible, triaging and passing on to RPW helpdesk if not
- Market Radioplayer to UK radio stations and represent Radioplayer as a brand
- Communicate to UKRP stations about RP activities and benefits
- Organise regular UK Radioplayer broadcaster sessions to demonstrate new products, pass on guidance and “best practice”
- Manage questions and feedback from the UK users of Radioplayer on app stores and social networks
- Relations with Radioplayer Worldwide:
- Provide technical testing for UK versions of RPW products prior to launch and provide feedback and UK sign off in a timely fashion
- Communicate with the other country managers and key partners
- Represent UKRP stations at the various RPW groups, including the Tech&Strat meeting of Radioplayer Worldwide
- Management of the company:
- Dealing with accounts/invoicing for the members
- Administrate the working budget of UKRP
- Report performance of UKRP to the Board
- Review station performance annually and work with accountants to correctly invoice UK stations for their annual fees
- Ensure the UK country licence fees are paid to Radioplayer Worldwide
- Maintain UKRP’s web presence and develop the audience of the UKRP apps
- Negotiate Audio distribution agreements with the UK partners
- Digital Radio UK – DAB+:
- Maintain an appropriate level of retailer/supply-chain communications about DAB/DAB+
- Maintain the DRUK website that promote DAB/DAB+ in the UK
- Maintain the “tick mark” for DAB/DAB+/FM
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong and passionate leader that leads by example and empowers others – collaborative but also comfortable with being accountable and taking decisions and getting things done in the best interests of the company
- Comfortable working at pace and managing competing and changing priorities
- A leader with experience leading teams within medias, digital and technology businesses
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the competitive landscape in media and technology, and experience of leading growth strategies (market development, product launches, etc)
- Delivery focused, with strong attention to detail
- Someone with previous business management experience
- A self-starter, confident and comfortable working with a range of senior stakeholders
You have :
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, sales, company growth or a related field. Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Real competences of company management and day-to-day operations
- Strong knowledge of the radio business and a strong interest in new technologies and innovation
Salary and Incentives:
- Dependent on experience and candidate fit
- Competitive fixed salary (12-months) + bonus (up to 20%)
- 25 days holiday
- Pension contribution
- Personal medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Perks plan
Apply for this position:
Send your résumé with a covering letter and some references to email@example.com
This position is available immediately, but we can wait a few months for the ideal candidate if you are in a notice period.