Video Producer – Radio Academy Festival
Contract terms: Freelance (you will need your own computer and software)
Contract period: 19 Oct 2020 to 13 Nov (approx. 10 days’ work across 4 weeks)
Fee: Fixed Fee of £1,500
To manage the production of video content for the Radio Academy Festival, a virtual conference happening from 9-13 November, including pre-recorded and live elements.
Responsibilities and outputs:
- Support session producers to work with their guests and speakers to make their at-home visual set ups as good as they can be, including advising on lighting, sound and framing. There will be approx 20 sessions in total, and around 60 contributors.
- Oversee the remote-recording of any pre-recorded sessions (using Zoom or similar), working alongside session producers, guests and speakers.
- Editing the pre-recorded sessions in-line with the session producers’ requirements, for timely delivery to live playout and for on-demand publication. There will be approx 8-10 pre-recorded sessions.
- There is the possibility of this role shooting some contributors in their office or studio locations. This will be subject to the availability of Covid-safe environments and other logistics.
Skills and Experience:
- This is a freelance role. You will need to use your own computer and all necessary software, and have a fast internet connection to handle large video files.
- Experience of self-shooting with basic equipment, and the ability to convert that knowledge into advice for contributors managing their own at-home setups.
- Track-record of editing videos to a high standard, delivering to tight deadlines.
- Experience of publishing to on-demand platforms, with quality metadata and images.
- Access to your own basic self-shooting equipment would be an advantage (camera, sound, and basic lighting), but not essential.