XS Manchester Content Controller
To lead our XS Manchester team to new highs and successes, ensuring we do ideas, relationships and results better than anyone else in the industry.
You will lead the XS Manchester programming strategy furthering growth in all aspects of listening and engagement. You’ll generate creative and compelling solutions for both programming and commercial led content, whilst monitoring and delivering the highest standards in radio – making XS Manchester stand out in the region. You’ll also:
- Hands on studio produce XS Manchester Breakfast daily
- Coach, motivate and lead presenters across the schedule
- Take accountability for audience growth in all dayparts
- Manage and monitor audience and marketing trends and indicators to ensure the best possible results for us and our clients
- Identify and develop new talent to ensure we have the best team in the industry
- Build strong relationships with our brand partners and our commercial teams in order to deliver outstanding on-air, experiential and commercial activity
- Grow XS Manchester’s profile across the Greater Manchester area and drive new partnerships to build audience
You will need to be smart, bold and engaging and be able to display our company values in the work you do; Bravery, Integrity and Passion. You should be as passionate about working in radio as we are and have extensive experience in radio as a programmer.
- You must have at least 3 years of experience in professional content management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop talent
- Ability to inspire presenters to deliver consistent and engaging on-air content
- You’ll be a creative thinker with an excellent understanding of the XS Manchester brand, audience and TSA
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code is a must
- You’ll use your judgement to ensure we deliver the best results on-air from a commercial view point
- You’ll need to be able to embrace change and be innovative in delivering great new ideas to enhance our station to be the best it possibly can be
- You’ll understand digital culture, how audiences consume content and be on top of the latest trends
- You should have skills in using video equipment and Adobe audio and video editing software
- You will also manage the XS Manchester Content Manager whose responsibilities include music scheduling, station sound, and recorded programming.
Your Location and Team
You will be based at XS Manchester in Spinningfields, Manchester. You will report to the Group Content Director.