Due to continued growth we’re looking for an awesome salesperson to join the Bauer family as an Account Manager for West FM and Westsound. Our brands are some of the biggest in UK radio and include Absolute Radio, Magic, Hits Radio, Greatest Hits Radio, Kiss, Kerrang, Heat Radio and Scala. We’re at the cutting edge of audio and digital advertising and you can be part of it.
The Account Manager will embody Bauer Media’s values and drive Bauer’s company strategy and goals into the commercial business to a high standard within agreed parameters and desired timelines. Taking personal revenue responsibility for a number of accounts, you will have responsibility to grow revenues across Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway for Greatest Hits Radio and Hits Radio and also the wider Bauer portfolio of radio brands, sponsorships and digital products.
This is a sales position and will require you to secure meetings, uncover advertising opportunities, present to clients and achieve sales targets each month for existing and potential new clients. You will be part of a team of Account Managers and have the backing of advertising specialists in both audio and digital.
A career in radio is like no other – this isn’t your normal 9-5pm!
You can expect an environment that’s professional, fast paced and full of people that “make it happen” - it’s creative, challenging and somewhere you can grow.
We will ensure you have a fantastic start in our business, learning all you need to know to succeed in your new role and will also provide you with additional development opportunities along the way.
Like most businesses we are operating a work from home model at present, having virtual meetings with clients, but where it is safe to do so, you will be required to be on the patch , meeting clients in person, building relationships and generating sales opportunities.
This role also comes with a company car, phone, laptop and company pension scheme.
In your role as a Sales Account Manager you will:
- Sell creative multi-platform advertising campaigns across our portfolio of commercial airtime, creative, digital products, sponsorships and client funded promotions.
- Proactively manage and grow your own territory and client list and will be expected to independently source and secure new business.
- Deliver revenue in line with pre-agreed monthly and quarterly targets.
- Be an ambassador for Bauer Media within the local business community.
In this role you will work with business owners and senior leaders within retail, hospitality, education, local authority and public services – at this level you need to be commercially aware and show an interest in the business environment, understanding how you can add value through the portfolio of products and platforms you have to offer.
For this position you will have a strong track record in client facing Business to Business sales:
- You easily build rapport and have a keen eye for a commercial opportunity
- You are naturally highly motivated, loving nothing more than smashing a target
- You are professional and both a passionate and persuasive communicator
- Your listening and fact-finding skills are second to none
- You have the confidence and conviction to pitch and ask for the business
- Your customers love you and keep coming back because they know you put them first
- You’re highly organised, working well under pressure and to deadlines