Digital Content Editor – Heart
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Digital Content Editor - Heart
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Managing Editor, Heart
Overview of job
The purpose of this role is to develop and create editorial content for Heart’s website, and various digital platforms including Global Player, and social media channels. You’ll create outstanding content that drives growth and engagement across all of Heart’s digital platforms.
You’ll do everything from writing entertainment and lifestyle news for SEO and social referral traffic, to conceiving and producing video ideas with Heart’s video and social team, to making infographics, and optimising social article headlines. This is a fast-paced role for a creative journalist with digital content skills and a strong grasp of what engages digital audiences.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be part of a busy editorial team, creating timely digital content that’s seen by millions across our platforms!
- You’ll work on key brand events, such as Heart’s Make Me A Millionaire, and play an exciting role in developing our digital output.
- You’ll work with some of the biggest artists and personalities in the world, creating compelling digital content for the Heart brand!
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Covered a variety of breaking news stories in timely fashion and written content that’s optimised for search and social audiences.
- Worked on a variety of well-executed and impactful pieces of digital content for the Heart social channels.
- Showcased your skills as a hard-working team player who is hardworking, punctual, reliable and thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
- Shown passion in understanding and learning all areas of digital and creating engaging content for our digital channels.
- Used data to make informed decisions on content selection and produced written articles that drive new audiences to Heart.
Responsibilities of the role
- Write daily news stories for the Heart website and social channels, optimising for social and search distribution. Pitching and sourcing stories that align with the Heart audience and help meet the roles KPIs.
- Support the Digital team working on various editorial and branded content projects across the Heart brand.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Heart Digital team to develop content strands and share ideas that align with the wider digital strategy.
- Promote our on-air moments for distribution via search, PR and SEO.
- Work with the Heart on-air and digital teams to help support daily conversations across our social media platforms.
- Generate ideas and produce social content with a strong focus on sharing, engagement and driving users to Global Player.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Has a passion for popular culture, social trends, and lifestyle & entertainment news.
- Strong understanding of social media best practices and how to create engaging, optimised content for digital platforms.
- Experience in creating and developing a digital presence (blog, video channel, social account etc.)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience or excellent brand knowledge.
- Self-starting, enterprising and ready to deliver ideas.
- Experience using the Adobe Suite, mainly Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Some experience with digital and social analytics.
- Understanding of Heart’s audience and key broadcast channels.
- Keen to work for a busy, fast-paced, and high-profile music and lifestyle brand.
- Loves working across different fields: writing, social, design and video.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com