Account Manager – Kingdom FM
Kingdom FM broadcasts to the Kingdom of Fife, with around 86,000 Fifers tuning in every month. The Station is home to the nationally award-winning Dave and Vanessa in the Morning breakfast show with regular news, sport and travel updates, laughs and big money giveaways.
We maintain a strong local focus on the Fife area, but as well as our FM service the station is also now available across the central belt on DAB as well as online and on smart speaker, with over 30,000 unique users of our online stream per month and 50,000 followers of the station on social media between Facebook and Twitter.
We also host one of the biggest events on the Fife calendar - The Kingdom FM Local Hero awards which for over a decade has looked to recognise Fifers who have made a real difference to the community.
The commercial ambitions for the Fife region is a key area, and requires high levels of motivation, proven sales experience with excellent radio knowledge.
The key purposes of the role is to grow the business, by establishing and developing relationships with new and existing clients. You'll be highly motivated and positively embrace the new culture within DCT commercial, to deliver greater collaboration, cross selling and new initiatives. Secondly to ensure the sales and booking procedures are correctly enforced and strictly adhered to.
- Identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue and help the radio business grow
- Directly oversee an existing client portfolio and nurture new relationships
- Plan radio and multimedia campaign opportunities – be a radio ambassador for Kingdom FM
- Achieve monthly and quarterly targets, and contribute to station targets
- Develop relationships across DC Thomson Media allowing for greater collaboration
- Learn and understand DCT Media’s portfolio opportunities that will bring value to the client and generate more revenue for the business
- Ensure all sales and revenue processes are maintained and implemented effectively
- Provide accurate sales and financial reporting
- Support the Sales Manager with creating and delivering sales plans
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience of successful account management preferably within a commercial radio and media environment
- Proven track record of successfully delivering revenue targets
- An established network of industry contacts
- Demonstrable commercial acumen with the ability to identify and acquire new business opportunities and grow existing clients
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence and capability to deliver engaging pitches and presentations
- A strong understanding of sales processes with self-discipline and proven experience of using CRM platforms and sales applications
- Embrace the future – a forward thinking and progressive mindset
- Regular requirement to travel so a full UK driver’s license is required and occasional out of hours work as and when needed
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. This role is a blend of home working, field sales and office based. The Kingdom FM office is located in Kirkcaldy and is within easy reach throughout Fife and the Central belt. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021